460 Rowland 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redleg10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to share load data. Just received a Clark 1911 460 conversion kit and trying to work up some loads. Problem is I'm at max and nowhere near published velocities. Anyone have a favorite load with known velocities?

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This has been an interest of mine for a long time. The only thing holding me back is that all my 1911s are dedicated to competition either CMP or Bullseye. The link I have included is what i have had stored for a while, the interesting thing is the powders they recommend are completely different than normal for a traditional 45ACP load. Hope this helps.

David
https://www.460rowland.com/load-data/

redleg10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks David for your reply. I think I have nearly all data that's available on the internet on this caliber, I was looking for someone that has first hand experience and loads. I have been using AA#7 for loads which is also my favorite powder in the 45ACP .

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has been an interest of mine for a long time. The only thing holding me back is that all my 1911s are dedicated to competition either CMP or Bullseye. The link I have included is what i have had stored for a while, the interesting thing is the powders they recommend are completely different than normal for a traditional 45ACP load. Hope this helps.

David
https://www.460rowland.com/load-data/

Have another barrel fitted and keep a 18/20lb spring handy?

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
yep, thought about that last night, might just be time to expand my horizons a bit. Who knows may get a wild hair up my keister and order one. Sounds like a really decent round.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since USPSA changed the rules and basically obsoleted my 625, I've toyed with the idea of reaming it. But it still works for ICORE so I haven't yet. Plus in the revo I can get pretty close to .460 Rowland with 260gr bullets and big doses of Unique if I want.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shoot, for the price of some of these production 1911s it may not be off the scale to just buy one and dedicate it to the .460 Rowland. No issue with making major power factor with that huh?

Latest posts

Top Bottom