4Patriots Food

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKC MAD COW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been stocking up on food for several years. I’ve typically been purchasing mountain house individual meals. This are freeze dried and have a shelf life of 25 years with proper storage. Anyway, been seeing the ads for 4Patriots and decided to try them out. Will do some sampling once I receive my first order and give some feedback.

Has anybody tried them yet?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not. Read some really iffy reviews that made me think I should just stick with Thrive. However, before you order you might check around the internet and see if they are still doing their free promotion. They were giving away something like 4 servings of either 3 or 4 casserole type foods ... One of the foods in it was mac and cheese. I can't remember what the other flavors were.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have eaten a bunch of mountain house. They were one of the original backpacking freeze dried companies. I have eaten them on 5 of the seven continent's and they are fine. I still have a bunch I had in Bolivia in the early 2000s and they still make up and taste good too! Mountain house is good stuff!

OKC MAD COW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not. Read some really iffy reviews that made me think I should just stick with Thrive. However, before you order you might check around the internet and see if they are still doing their free promotion. They were giving away something like 4 servings of either 3 or 4 casserole type foods ... One of the foods in it was mac and cheese. I can't remember what the other flavors were.

Yeah, my wife forwarded a promotion they were running for the 72 hour pack. I guess we’ll find out.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use Thrive on a regular basis. No salt added just what is listed on the can. Mountain House meals (I have eaten my fair share) have a ton of added sodium which is not good for my BP.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've been without power for 9 days. Fortunately (or not so much) we still had water and fast food joints ... BUT ... There was MY little adventure so Grumpy has eaten out exclusively during that time except for maybe a couple of meals.

I haven't eaten anything but jello and chicken broth since the 26th until a couple days ago when I decided I couldn't stomach another thing of jello and switched to instant mashed potatoes. Which gets me to my one meal yesterday -- 4Patriots Chicken and Rice Dinner. It smelled awful but then given my nearly constant nausea I can't really blame that on them. Taste was surprisingly good. Should have let it set a bit longer after cooking to rehydrate the rice a bit better. It fed both of us with a little left over.

Next time I will add a can of black beans and a half cup more or so of dehydrated mixed veggies to make a more complete meal. Even with my current condition (and resultant pickiness and lack of appetite) I'd give it a solid 8/10 for taste. 7/10 for texture (kinda overcooked macaroni like) but additional beans and veggies would fix that.

I was gonna try another flavor tonight but our power came on! THANK YOU LINEMEN!!

boomndoom762

New to the site!
Reaction score
Been stocking up on food for several years. I’ve typically been purchasing mountain house individual meals. This are freeze dried and have a shelf life of 25 years with proper storage. Anyway, been seeing the ads for 4Patriots and decided to try them out. Will do some sampling once I receive my first order and give some feedback.

Has anybody tried them yet?
4Patriots is more expensive than buying straight from mypatriotsupply.com. Same food, slightly different packaging. MPS also has two deals of the day that they post every day.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've thought about getting something in this category in place, but something that bugs me on the ones I've looked at are the expirations. For example, mypatriotsupply.com says their food is good UP TO 25 years. What I would like to know is it is good for AT LEAST xx years (if properly stored etc.) I don't want to look at the food in 3 years and think, well, it could be bad now, or it may be ok for another 22 years. Doesn't make me very confident about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom