4th Gen Glock 19 - Major Malfunctions/Range Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Partner here at OHP just bought a Gen 4 G19 and has shot about 600 rounds with no problems. In fact when we were at the range three weeks ago I watched him shoot about a hundred rounds with zero problems. I have about 2000 through my Gen 3 G17 and no problems. Thats between factory and my reloads. You might try taking it completely down and cleaning it then oil it and see if it makes a difference. Just a thought.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 4th generation Glocks seem to be hit and miss on which ones work and which ones don't.

The recoil spring on these models seem to be hanging up on the end of the muzzle. I have a 4th generation model 17 and I had the same problems. I contacted Glock and they sent me two different recoil spring assemblies.

Neither of them worked. I read some articles about a new recoil spring assembly manufactured by Glockmeister. I ordered one, installed and it now works like a Glock is supposed to work.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems someone else was discussing this issue or a similar one recently.
I suspect Glock has a fix already, many of the new ones may already have it installed.
I'd do like what was suggested and check with Glock to see if maybe your gun needs a fix.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I will say my 3rd Gen G19 doesn't like light target loads either. I had to get well past mid range on the loads before it would cycle reliably.

That sucks that they are so slow to get things fixed.

tiny68

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my Gen 4 G23 little over a week ago. I have put over 500 rounds through it. Zero failures. My first Glock. Will not be my last. Nothing but 180s in mine. Tim

Latest posts

Top Bottom