4th Gen Glock 19 - Major Malfunctions/Range Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootingbuff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new to this board and new to gun shooting in general. I just purchased a Glock 19 gen 4 and am having the same malfunctions you described which is most frustrating to a newbie. I picked Glock for their reputation as reliable but for now that is not the case.

I was beginning to think it was me, but not anymore. You'd think it could have been caught when testing the models given the numbers of people complaining about the issue.

Actually a lot of U.S 9x19 ammo is weaker than Euro 9x19. The Glock is designed for full power ammo. Hence its reputation for a long life.

The recoil springs should have been a U.S part with the U.S avg 9x19 round considered. Possibly some bean counter got into the mix.

Glock will make it right. To bad they have to though.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:laugh6: Bwha ha ha ha ha :thanku: for the good laugh.

Even though hipoints aren't expensive,fancy, or very popular they are great guns. I have never had a bad one. (i have had every model, 2 of some) Neither has any of the many people I know that own them.

I have had better accuracy out of a hi-point 45 than a $800 1911.
After the thousands of rounds I have fired through hipoints. I have NEVER had one malfunction of any kind. I would choose a hipoint over a taurus anyway.
Taurus had gave me nothing but regret. IMHO people just assume they are crap because of the low cost to make them and don't wanna be made fun of by there peers....

Just because it cost under $200 don't mean it won't make an excellent truck gun that you won't have to worry about getting scuffed and scraped.
Now I wouldn't go shoot IPSC with one, but that's because I would use a $500 1911. And it would score me as much as a glock or mp w/$700 extras in it.
Just a big pissin contest.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you're a new shooter it could easily be you limp wristing it. I've seen a new shooter pick up a Gen3 and have failure after failure and hand the gun to someone else and it work perfectly fine.

There's a alot of 4th gen g19 limp wristing going on. Glock is recalling wrist and sending wrist replacements on dec 2nd.

DarkLaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new to this board and new to gun shooting in general. I just purchased a Glock 19 gen 4 and am having the same malfunctions you described which is most frustrating to a newbie. I picked Glock for their reputation as reliable but for now that is not the case.

I was beginning to think it was me, but not anymore. You'd think it could have been caught when testing the models given the numbers of people complaining about the issue.

I disagree with the above post saying it *could* be the newbie's fault.

There was a production run of 4th Gen Glock 19's that just will not function. Sadly, Glock allowed these to go out into the masses.

If you'll read the initial post with my latest update, Glock spokesman said this, along with the fact that on or around Dec. 1st, new recoil springs will be available for 4th Gen Glock owners having problems. Until then, we're SOL.

Now, since you're new to guns, do not let this minor problem effect your view of a Glock. Glocks have been around for decades and I've always trusted them with my life - straight out of the box - good to go. This was an oversight on Glock's part and while extremely disappointing, they are quickly correcting the issue for those effected and is not indicative of traditional Glock quality.

Now, in regards to "limp wristing" a Glock and forcing it to malfunction? I've shot Glocks using only my trigger finger and thumb when showing recoil to female shooters and others. I've put the lightest grip I could on a Glock so many times to prove a point to new shooters and I've never had one fail to feed because of it.

How could grip effect the cycling action of the slide, friend?

Don't take it personal, but that seriously confuses me...

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree with the above post saying it *could* be the newbie's fault.

There was a production run of 4th Gen Glock 19's that just will not function. Sadly, Glock allowed these to go out into the masses.

If you'll read the initial post with my latest update, Glock spokesman said this, along with the fact that on or around Dec. 1st, new recoil springs will be available for 4th Gen Glock owners having problems. Until then, we're SOL.

Now, since you're new to guns, do not let this minor problem effect your view of a Glock. Glocks have been around for decades and I've always trusted them with my life - straight out of the box - good to go. This was an oversight on Glock's part and while extremely disappointing, they are quickly correcting the issue for those effected and is not indicative of traditional Glock quality.

Now, in regards to "limp wristing" a Glock and forcing it to malfunction? I've shot Glocks using only my trigger finger and thumb when showing recoil to female shooters and others. I've put the lightest grip I could on a Glock so many times to prove a point to new shooters and I've never had one fail to feed because of it.

How could grip effect the cycling action of the slide, friend?

Don't take it personal, but that seriously confuses me...

You don't believe limp wristing can cause FTFs and FTEs on a 9mm hand gun shooting 115gr ammo or do you just think Glocks are impervious?

If the frame moves in your hand as the slide is coming back then it could cause a problem, limp wristing. Basically the whole gun is moving back during recoil. I'm sorry your beastly man thumb is more than some new shooter's whole hand when gripping a pistol.

Is there a problem with some Gen4 G19s due to the recoil spring that's designed for a .40? Certainly... but I think the problem is overblown. I said it could be limp wristing, not that it definitely was. There's no way to really know for sure unless you were watching the guy shoot and I was in no way trying to insult or insinuate anything about sdagm1, it could totally be the gun.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even though hipoints aren't expensive,fancy, or very popular they are great guns. I have never had a bad one. (i have had every model, 2 of some) Neither has any of the many people I know that own them.

I have had better accuracy out of a hi-point 45 than a $800 1911.
After the thousands of rounds I have fired through hipoints. I have NEVER had one malfunction of any kind. I would choose a hipoint over a taurus anyway.
Taurus had gave me nothing but regret. IMHO people just assume they are crap because of the low cost to make them and don't wanna be made fun of by there peers....

Just because it cost under $200 don't mean it won't make an excellent truck gun that you won't have to worry about getting scuffed and scraped.
Now I wouldn't go shoot IPSC with one, but that's because I would use a $500 1911. And it would score me as much as a glock or mp w/$700 extras in it.
Just a big pissin contest.

I think you may have misconstured my laughter.
I don't have a problem with Hi-Points.
The best shooting 1911 I ever had was a Llama.
I was just laughing at the comparision because I think they are both ugly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom