5” to 5.5” AR Pistol Barrel in 5.56?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know, it’s stupid, it’s inefficient, it‘s inaccurate, the fireball and concussion will be tremendous, why am I spending the money on something so frivolous, a longer barrel is better, etc etc. Let’s get all that out of the way :P

Where can I find a decent 5.56 AR barrel 5” to 5.5” long? The usual sources seem to be out of them, or don’t carry them at all, or else they want an arm and both legs (cough*SLR*cough). I’m going to try and build an AR pistol modeled after the Springfield Saint Edge PDW (which is unobtainum or priced in the stratosphere), so any tips about such a barrel would be appreciated.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a yankee hill 7.5" upper I run suppressed. I can ring plates at 200 yards with my unmagnified red dot. They are surprisingly accurate. Only downside is the amount of blowback you get. You better have shooting glasses. Without the can on it, it is a fire breathing dragon but still fun to shoot.

Good luck finding a barrel.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom