5.56 loading 55gr Gold Dots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
anyone loaded any of the speer 55 grain gold dots up? i've got a 1000 bullets, and some nice LC nato brass. planning on using CFE 223 in the 27gr range

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not see that bullet available. But most 55gr bullets act about the same in my testing in my long throat 223 rifles.
I would start about 25.5 gr with cci 450 primers and work up in .3 gr steps to find the sweet spot. My rifles get the bullets seated long though. May get a different reaction than yours.

If you have used other 55gr in those cases with the same bearing surface then you probably know about where the load needs to be.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
haven't loaded any of the lighter bullets in 5.56, this will be my first run of em. i've loaded 75gr OTM and 64gr gold dots so far in 5.56 - speer doesn't publish any data for any of their gold dot bullets, at least the ones i use

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm always surfing to find bullets. American Reloading has the 55 gr speer gold dots in stock, tkey're pulls but that's the only way you can get them. Shooters Pro Shop has Nosler overun 6.8 100 gr accubonds.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the speer gold dots are FBI/LEO pulls, can't get them in the civilian market new in the box, or blems for that matter.

i love powder valley, they always have stock for the items you use every day

Latest posts

Top Bottom