5 Oklahoma City police officers charged with first-degree manslaughter in shooting death of 15-year-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He wont rerun. He allegedly has cancer and is terminally ill. He was given the option of stepping down, and picking his replacement from a pool of 3 and he refused. This is what I have heard from some officers.
I am sorry to hear that he is terminally ill. I was just hoping he would be in a different line of employment.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad, truly sad. There is another aspect to this. They could be charged and found not guilty thus putting an end to any further prosecution. Case closed.
Not really. They can still be sued in civil court. :/

I cannot for the life of me figure out why that's allowed when comeone is found not guilty. :anyone:

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It makes me sick to hear stories like this. Didn’t know the kid robbed the same store earlier. I don’t know if it’s piss poor parenting or just a lack of decency/morality on his part.

The police issued commands to him, and apparently he wasn’t smart enough to comprehend.

I grew up respecting the police, doesn’t matter if it’s big town or little town police. I am just a rock headed as just about any guy and some things I learned the hard way, I’ve never had a run in with any police other that a few speeding tickets. But I’m smart enough to know if I am asked to do something by them do it.

Grow up, get smart, don’t do stupid
s_ _ _ t and respect the police!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how to start a petition but one of the more learned individuals here could start one and I'd sign it to drop charges on the cops o because they reacted based on the movement of the subject and their training. It's time that somehow we get involved vs opinions and comments otherwise, they are going to take more and more from us until there isn't anything to take.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What would help the most people the quickest is to start hammering the fact that everyone needs to comply with instructions immediately. I realize that drugs/alcohol are involved sometimes that can make that less likely. But, that's the constant in all these situations that I've seen. If the subject immediately followed instructions we wouldn't be having any of these conversations.

My kids have been told that if they ever find them in the situation,, that no matter what, they do exactly what they are told and only what they are told. If they are told to sing 'I'm a little teapot' that's what they are to do.

Parents, schools and the media need to be getting this communicated better.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DA Prater is a POS. You couldn't pay me enough to be a deputy in Oklahoma County again right now. He put an OCPD officer (good friend of mine) in prison last year. He didn't charge Edmond PD officers after shooting a naked unarmed black kid. Prater is a danger to the community and needs to be stopped.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would help the most people the quickest is to start hammering the fact that everyone needs to comply with instructions immediately. I realize that drugs/alcohol are involved sometimes that can make that less likely. But, that's the constant in all these situations that I've seen. If the subject immediately followed instructions we wouldn't be having any of these conversations.

My kids have been told that if they ever find them in the situation,, that no matter what, they do exactly what they are told and only what they are told. If they are told to sing 'I'm a little teapot' that's what they are to do.

#complydontdie

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not gonna happen when SOME parents themselves don't respect authority. Their kids grow up with the attitude of, "I don't have to take that!" It starts in school, then continues into adulthood.

THOSE parents are more responsible than the LEOs.

Just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom