5 Oklahoma City police officers charged with first-degree manslaughter in shooting death of 15-year-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's because death comes with the loss of blood to the brain.
Hunters know a shot to the heart/lungs of a deer will allow the deer to make up to a hundred yards running with their heart blown out the other side because of the speed they run before the brain realizes that it has lost blood supply and dies.
A shot to the central nervous system is the only thing that brings instant death and LEO/military know that.
A gun fight isn't a target shoot where one can put a round into the perfect spot. It's a major snafu where everybody is looking for cover and moving while shooting unlike what is seen on TV.
You shoot until the threat is no longer a threat. I don't see anything in this case other than an overzealous prosecutor looking to make a name.

I suspect that prater is going to make a run for state AG.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked OSCN. Looks like only initial appearances have been done and that they are still on paid admin leave. (no news about their termination)

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's because death comes with the loss of blood to the brain.
Hunters know a shot to the heart/lungs of a deer will allow the deer to make up to a hundred yards running with their heart blown out the other side because of the speed they run before the brain realizes that it has lost blood supply and dies.
A shot to the central nervous system is the only thing that brings instant death and LEO/military know that.
A gun fight isn't a target shoot where one can put a round into the perfect spot. It's a major snafu where everybody is looking for cover and moving while shooting unlike what is seen on TV.
You shoot until the threat is no longer a threat. I don't see anything in this case other than an overzealous prosecutor looking to make a name.

Shoot until it catches on fire or changes shape.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First off, he was robbing a place WITH A GUN...Seems he made many bad choices in life and his last one being just as bad.

Now the chats of how ...good he was....or rather IS as a money making tool for people that never cared about him. The criminal more then likely led a entire life of crime till prison, other gangs, or a armed store clerk punched his ticket.

If....I'm on that jury. The family gets billed for the bullets....case closed.
Another good thing about being a police department volunteer like I am, they won't pick you for a jury in a criminal case. Doing what I do is enough public duty for me.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another good thing about being a police department volunteer like I am, they won't pick you for a jury in a criminal case. Doing what I do is enough public duty for me.
Don’t bet on it. I was still on the job and was selected as a jury member for an A&B jury trial even AFTER I notified the court that I was on the job and actively commissioned.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The kid was high on ecstasy and that was the second time he robbed that store that day. Sad that a kid died but, it did look like he was reaching into his pockets. How about the DC officer that was filmed shooting Ashli Babbitt to dead and nothing done. Doesn't seem a little strange how the media chooses which stories to harp on ?
No. It is not sad that kid died that day. His lead poisoning was well deserved it seems. It's sad the officers are being charged with anything at all, period.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This the 2nd time this DA has done this in the last month or so. I bet we see a mass exit of officers very soon if this keeps going.

The Manslaughter charge is a BS cop out by Prater though. Either they get charged with Murder 2 or nothing at do
Think its possible that the more senior officers leave and younger and more motivated people get hired and try to fill the gap anyway only to learn the lessons that made people leave in the first place? Repeatedly…

Latest posts

Top Bottom