5 Oklahoma City police officers charged with first-degree manslaughter in shooting death of 15-year-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you bumping old threads?
Jgibbs0321 did yesterday, however, these guys are still on AL. DA keeps pushing it back. Last court date was supposed to be same day they announced the verdict on the Ponca City/Blackwell? officer charged with shooting that lady from his moving patrol car. Charges were dismissed and Prater felt it hurt his case, so he pushed to delay.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jgibbs0321 did yesterday, however, these guys are still on AL. DA keeps pushing it back. Last court date was supposed to be same day they announced the verdict on the Ponca City/Blackwell? officer charged with shooting that lady from his moving patrol car. Charges were dismissed and Prater felt it hurt his case, so he pushed to delay.
I think he will keep delaying until he's out of term, that case made him rethink his decision to grandstand and I'd bet his ego won't let him leave his career with a final loss.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he will keep delaying until he's out of term, that case made him rethink his decision to grandstand and I'd bet his ego won't let him leave his career with a final loss.

Your dad probably knows more about it/him than we ever will, but I am sure he heard the rumors about Prater being terminally ill. These guys are pretty frustrated about it. Its messing with them, but they are kind of finding a new normal I guess. The gym has been their friend, I see a few of them there on the rare day I make it up there (public gyms). No extra jobs, etc, so I am sure its hurting them financially as well. BS that he can drag it on like that, since we are guaranteed the right to a fair and speedy trial....

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. That is BS that Prater is just dragging it out.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your dad probably knows more about it/him than we ever will, but I am sure he heard the rumors about Prater being terminally ill. These guys are pretty frustrated about it. Its messing with them, but they are kind of finding a new normal I guess. The gym has been their friend, I see a few of them there on the rare day I make it up there (public gyms). No extra jobs, etc, so I am sure its hurting them financially as well. BS that he can drag it on like that, since we are guaranteed the right to a fair and speedy trial....
Yup, that rumor has been heard far and wide by this point. I absolutely agree that its BS that he can drag this out as long as he has, and we know one of the guys pretty well and he's doing alright with the 'new normal', using healthy coping mechanisms he learned from lives past (dark humor and such) but it still sucks for the younger officers/those that don't have the time on to be able to just retire and walk away when its all said and done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom