50+ Americans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funerals are a waste of time, real estate, energy, environmental soundness, money and human resources. It's designed expressly to make graveyard owners, flower shops, undertakers and coffin builders rich. I gives a damn what happens to my dead body. I would rather spend resources making people living longer, healthier and happier. Cremation makes the most sense.
I guess as of this 10 seconds people are able to make that choice.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have met some great folks with tats, I have met some great folks without tats.

I have met some real losers with tats, I have met some real losers without tats.

I have met some great folks with beards, I have some great folks without beards.

I have met some real losers with beards, I have met some real losers without beards.

I have met some great veterans, I have met some loser veterans.

See the trend?

I try my best not to judge a person by their looks, or to insult a person based upon their looks. Instead I look at their character, tells me everything I need to know.

I normally have a beard, at times I shave it off, everyone that knows me says, grow that **** back LOL. I have no tats, am overweight, some folks say I am ugly, I have a mirror, dont give a ****.

I have my word, and do my best to keep my word, thats all I need.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Along with the lack of respect for anything. The last funeral I attended a young man sitting with the family kept his ballcap on during most of the service. Most people attend services in blue jeans and tee shirts anymore.

I attended a funeral wearing jeans and sandals. Who was I disrespecting?

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Along with the lack of respect for anything. The last funeral I attended a young man sitting with the family kept his ballcap on during most of the service. Most people attend services in blue jeans and tee shirts anymore.
Here is my problem with funeral attire, its hard for me to fit my big *** in a proper suite, all 2 of mine had to be custom cut to fit correctly. My go to funeral attire is a well starched and pressed pair of dark blue wranglers, a nice starch white button down, Blazer and my black felt hat (which does come off upon entering a building)

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son finished up a five year hitch in the USMC last year. He's no Nancyboy, he can skin a buck and run a trotline, for sure. He now sports long hair, a long beard and a nose ring. I figure he's just flipping the bird to all that regulation nonsense.
This is a trend I have seen with a few good friends of mine, they finished up their contract and as a way to give the bird to the regs they grew their hair out, got some tats and grew beards that would rival a mountain man

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have suffered through a lot of singers at funerals who just can't sing a lick. It makes it even more sad.
So I want a cappella music -- in the spirit of this thread, I'm thinking about a bagpiper with beard and kilt, blasting out something with a little zip to it.
I thought a recording in with me to scare the crap out of people would be fun. Or have my temp casket collapse so I go rolling out. Leave people permanently mentally scarred….

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ummmm what am I missing here? If there are bag pipes involved, it's not a cappela.
You just went to the wrong church ;)
A capella is Italian and basically means “in the church style” or ”as in the church” You just didn’t go to one of those well known 5th century churches in Italy known for their bagpipes….

• Haha
Reactions: HFS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom