50' Telescoping Antenna Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. Been down that road before. I've lived in places without vehicles, internet, phone service, television, electricity and running water. Life goes on.
It can be done on a very limited scale, but society as we know it would collapse if any significant portion did. Do we really want to go back to the Colonial Era?

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Been down that road before. I've lived in places without vehicles, internet, phone service, television, electricity and running water. Life goes on.

The last time I experienced those conditions was over 20 years ago, before the internet became as pervasive as today. Fortunately, it was only a 10-day backpacking trip at Philmont Scout Ranch so it wasn't too bad. I expect it's different for the groups that go through that experience today. Unfortunately, nobody got that experience this summer due to the fires out there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last time I experienced those conditions was over 20 years ago, before the internet became as pervasive as today. Fortunately, it was only a 10-day backpacking trip at Philmont Scout Ranch so it wasn't too bad. I expect it's different for the groups that go through that experience today. Unfortunately, nobody got that experience this summer due to the fires out there.

I elk hunt on the backside of the mountains from Philmont. Was out there for a couple weeks in June, will be back in January. No internet, phone, and one channel of TV that barely comes in.
Pretty nice to take a break from it occasionally, but yeah, it’s intertwined in our lives now.
The fire was certainly on Philmont, but don’t know how much burnt.

Last edited:

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally getting around to putting this pole up and now I'm looking for a Gripple Tool to tension these "gripples" that came with the kit. It's a shot in the dark but was curious is anyone on here might have one.

Attachments

• gripple.jpg
    gripple.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 69

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How’s the signal?
We have Atlink SW of Piedmont and had to move the antenna to the top of the barn this summer due to tree growth between us and the water tower.
I bet we are over subscribed also. We get 5 mb some mornings but evenings and weekends are 1-1 1/2 at best. We may have to see if another tower is an option also.
I hope all your work, that you shouldn’t have had to do, pays off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom