500hp/600tq Ford 300 6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are stone cold tuf sumbucks. I had one in a pickup I bought new that was just jinxed and had been in 3 wrecks, none of which I was in or got to enjoy.
It was a rolling scrapyard patch job after 4 years. I decided I was going to blow the engine up one night and get rid of it. Tried all night every way I knew how. Revving engine max and popping clutch. max rpm without a load, going 40mph in reverse and cramming it in 1st. everything

I gave up. The thing just would'nt die and I ended up keeping that rolling wreck for another 4-5 years and ran just as good as the day I bought it when she left.

I wish they still made that engine. I would be first in line. More torque than a similar sized V-8, good mileage, super simple to work on, cheap parts and just indestructible. It is the only Ford motor I ever owned I liked. They messed up when they dropped that one as it had a huge following. Chevy had a 292 Straight six that was the same way. Tuff tuff

Last edited:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a 1989 F150 with a 300 straight 6....tough little motor!!
My uncle had a 1990 F-150 4x4 with the same motor.It sat in my grandpa's yard for ten years and after my grandpa passed away I sold it to my mechanic because it wasn't worth fixing. My mechanic sold it, then it burned to the ground when someone pulled all the fuses out of the fuse panel. That truck was cursed.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched some old engine/machinist guy talk on YouTube or Facebook a while back about how they did all sorts of crazy stuff to the old Ford I6’s and would use them for racing motors. Some super obscure stuff from what i remember, but amazing brains behind the builds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom