5320.20 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So when I moved, I submitted and received back my 5320.20 for my SBR to update address to the new state. My question is, do I need to keep that paperwork on me with the tax stamp and trust papers when I'm out and about with the SBR, or can it stay in the safe at home? I couldn't find any actual answer if it needs to be on your person once it's been approved or not.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I only know one dude that changed states with a stamp. I can ask but I guarantee he'll say just keep a digital copy on your phone.
Since they're willing to give you digital-only stamps now, there's no reason why a digital-only form and trust wouldn't work.

Last edited:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say you would need both copies with you at all times while using just to help with all the confussion there might be and trying to explain.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better to have it and not need it….

Kinda what I have been doing, it would just be nice not to carry all these papers.

Range bag be looking like

16451476.jpg

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be nice if for what we pay for the stamp that they would issue you some kind of card for the wallet to carry with you. But knowing the .gov they to lazy to do something like that to make it more convenient for us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom