54 caliber patch and ball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Took a deer at the crack of.... well how about 9am. All but one deer I have ever taken has been after 9 in the morning, took a buck years ago at a little before 7am and a doe late evening. Other than that 9-1pm LOL. Anyways, shooting down on this deer from 75 yards and the tree stand is a 15 footer. Was worried after my shot that I made a poor shot. Deer ran about 25 yards after initial hit and stood and stomped a few times then ran another 50 yards and stood for a couple minutes before going down. Got back up a couple times and walked around in circles. Really was frowning on the patch and ball at that point. But when field dressing the shot was all the way through with a shot glass size exit 1 lung was in pieces and the other was in pretty bad shape as well. This is the first deer I have taken with the rifle so was relieved to see the massive amount of damage. This Renegade is a hoot to shoot , accurate at 100 yards and now I feel comfortable with the round ball!! Had been told by an old codger( that old boy is a whole story on its own LOL! ) that there is nothing wrong with round ball but you get the web experts telling you other wise . Soooo Deer is back on the menu .........Hoooaaahh!:cool:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Deer is in the icechest , so does this count?? [emoji15][emoji41]
82224b0e182f026d4283aa9c57be29d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom