55 Gallon Barrel Suppressor Test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No...bolt the end (lid?) of the 55 gallon barrel that keeps blowing off to the rest of the 55 gallon barrel.

I would have thought you'd use the bottom of the barrel for the cut-out hole, and put the rifle into the other (open) end. And either discard the lid or use it for a target... :D
There is no "open" end. One barrel got the top cut out and a slot cut on the bottom, the other barrel got the bottom third cut off and a slot cut in it. The bottom third part of the 2nd barrel slides over the full barrel with the top cut out.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
why didn't you use one of those blue barrels with a locking ring?
30-gallon-plastic-drum-lever-locking-ring-open.jpg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no "open" end. One barrel got the top cut out and a slot cut on the bottom, the other barrel got the bottom third cut off and a slot cut in it. The bottom third part of the 2nd barrel slides over the full barrel with the top cut out.
Ak, ok. I wasn't aware you spliced two 55 gallon barrels together (still not sure why?). One barrel with the end cut out should have worked fine.

At this point, I'd either bolt them together or attach some latches as beastep suggested.

Luck. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom