1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

556 can modification project

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by uncle money bags, Oct 27, 2014.

1. english kanigit

english kanigit Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I couldn't remember if I told you or not but try contacting Tim at Two Rivers Arms. The dude's a wizard with metal. I've been able to paw over a couple of DEWAT rewelds that he has done.

I still think you should just do more curls.

Ek :bighug:

2. J.T.

J.T. Sharpshooter

Or douche more often, maybe. Cut that can and I will poke you in the eyeball.

3. uncle money bags

uncle money bags Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yeah, you both have a point, which addresses one of the goals, mostly. What do you have for the other?
    Wait; thats right, one of you uses a Surefire mini and the other doesnt use one at all.

If i wanted to pay the cash and wait, then an AAC mini4 would already be out there with my name on it. More than likely its the route i will take at some point, but for now...

4. Super Dave

Super Dave Sharpshooter

UMB, this has been an interesting read, but I don't think you are supposed to shoot houses, from a vehicle or not.

5. indi

indi Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    UMB have you considered building a supressor on a form 1? Didnt see it mentioned above. Thought i would just throw it out there. I recently seen a youtube video of a gentleman that sells just about everything you need to make a supressor out of a mag light. He sells it as a cleaning kit to catch oil from your barrel when cleaning. It comes with 6 baffels and thread adapter of your choice of thread pitch.

http://youtu.be/UhVmLQ_OJSk

6. uncle money bags

Rating
    100%
    Ha, damn those commas. That was the part I went back and edited to add the vehicle reference as well. What can I say, OU English department FTW.

7. uncle money bags

Rating
    100%
    Yeah, I considered that briefly. In order to do it the way I want it would end up costing me as much as just switching to the AAC system. I dont have anything against making the switch except the God awful wait times and; to a lesser extent, the expense. Plust I love tinkering around with what I have on hand to make stuff work. So far the YHM suppressor system has been bullet proof. Im not a "huge" fan of the the QD system. but it hasnt let me down yet. The suppressor itself is heavy, but sounds great and wear to the baffles is minimal after 5000+ rounds.
    Like I said earlier, I have no doubt that at some point I will just bite the bullet and get into another setup, but I have been toying with this idea for a while and wanted some more feedback before trying it out. Thanks for the comment.

8. Gabriel42

Gabriel42 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Just sayin'

[​IMG]

9. uncle money bags

Rating
    100%
    Does that apply only to items ordered through aac or does it include dealers?

Never mind, just figured it out.

10. Gabriel42

Gabriel42 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Suppressors from anywhere get you qualified for the credit but the $200 credit can only be redeemed on AAC's site.