5mm Mag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Came across a bolt action 5mm Mag for sale and a original box of remington ammo. The gun met my "odd ball" caliber requirement to buy so I bought. It looks fairly cheaply built but is incredibly accurate. I saved the original rem box since it was in good condition and bought a $20 box of aguilia. I guess they just started making ammo for this caliber. Anyone out there familiar with one of these?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting info on wiki... they say that Taurus announced a while back that they were going to introduce a pistol in that caliber and that's why Aguilia made an ammo run.

From the sounds of it, the caliber hasn't ever captured a foothold and it's been tried several times. My guess is that Taurus would have already come through with it in the Tracker by now if there was enough demand and so it's likely that it's dead again.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In some parallel universe, that box of Remington 5mm Mag is probably worth more than the rifle.

The 5mm Mag just didn't excite anyone. Maybe it was ahead of it's time. I think Taurus is now, or will soon be marketing a handgun in this caliber. Maybe they know something that eveyone else doesn't.

edit - you posted while I was typing.

Foggy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had one for years. Very accurate and a joy to shoot. I have some of the old original ammo but bought some of the new stuff. There is a picture I posted of mine somewhere in the rimfire picture section.