5th Wheel Car Parking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From just the title, I half expected to see a truck with a big 5th wheel trailer parallel park in a parking lot with cars all around.
But this is cool.
They (car companies or computer companies) are trying to re-invent this & not having near the luck this guy did.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They (car companies or computer companies) are trying to re-invent this & not having near the luck this guy did.
Considering that this "5th wheel" never went into production, and there are a bunch of self-parking cars on the market, I'm not sure how you can say that...

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cause this "invention" is obviously more simple, & looks to be quicker than if a car is "self-inching" back & forth into or out of a spot. Plus you gotta know how well these computerized electronics & sensors work without any glitches, fact is they don't, & are a pain to track down any glitches, expensive to fix, etc...
Yes, I'm not a fan of computer control in my vehicles, which is why I don't own any.
This guy obviously had the best idea & was generations beyond his time, simple hydraulic setup & a gearbox. Hard to beat.
Just cause it never went into production doesn't mean a thing.

Last edited:

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love how it says even the worst driver can park the car without getting a dent. For some reason I doubt that as someone is guaranteed to screw it up and ram the back end into the wall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom