6.5 Creedmoor questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know the 6.5 Creedmore is all the rage but I also went with the 260 in Tikka. It's crazy accurate out of the box, easy on the shoulder, and will be my main hunting rifle next season. I'll be working up loads this spring/summer and maybe doing some bedding as a project. Maybe someday I'll be able to find a place to (attempt to) shoot it 800 yards......As of now I have no worry with it handling my hunting of whitetails accurately from 100-350 yards, which are the ranges where I currently hunt.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I was to go the way of the 6.5 Creed, it would be the Tikka CTR. I still haven't found a better shooting rifle than the Tikka. Those vikings up there really know how to forge a barrel.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the 6.5 Creedmore is all the rage but I also went with the 260 in Tikka. It's crazy accurate out of the box, easy on the shoulder, and will be my main hunting rifle next season. I'll be working up loads this spring/summer and maybe doing some bedding as a project. Maybe someday I'll be able to find a place to (attempt to) shoot it 800 yards......As of now I have no worry with it handling my hunting of whitetails accurately from 100-350 yards, which are the ranges where I currently hunt.
A friend of mine went with the .260 Remington, and loves it. He did it when the 6.5 C was real new, and it wasn't easy to get components. At usual ranges the .260 is superb. I got the Creedmoor because of its reputation for long range accuracy.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Fouled bore range (located south of chickasha ) will let you get to a mile. Has steel from 200 on out.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kimber released their newest offering at SHOT show in the 6.5cm. Weighs in around 6.5#. Nice option for an off-the-shelf hunting rig. I am waiting on my Browning X-bolt Hell's Canyon Speed to show up at Jerry's in Ardmore.