6.5 grendel ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What ammo would be a good choice for deer hunting using the 6.5 grendel?
Then where would be a good choice to get some?

I have some Hornady BLACK ammo, and dont think that is a good choice.

thanks

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve lost a doe with the eldm and the amax with the Grendel in the last 4 years. I’ve been using the sst handloaded and last year I shot the federal fusion just to give it a whirl. Killed em dead. Academy has had the fusion in the past( all bets are off right now)

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve lost a doe with the eldm and the amax with the Grendel in the last 4 years. I’ve been using the sst handloaded and last year I shot the federal fusion just to give it a whirl. Killed em dead. Academy has had the fusion in the past( all bets are off right now)

I am a fan of the fusion, but i seriously doubt i can find any.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The amax and Hornady bullets in general turn a deers vitals into liquid. My only complaint is that there is rarely an exit wound which makes a blood trail non existent.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve always neck shot them with a .243. That way, it knocks dead near instantly or it’s a clean miss. I’ve sat the past couple years with the Grendel, but not seen any.

I would think even a CoreLokt from Remington would be a good choice. I have mostly ELD, so that’s probably what I’d use currently.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The amax and Hornady bullets in general turn a deers vitals into liquid. My only complaint is that there is rarely an exit wound which makes a blood trail non existent.
I shot a doe last year at 100yds with the 123eld and had a complete pass through! Had to shoot her again. Had two perfect holes in and out! I always thought it was strange from what I heard from others experience with this bullet.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot a doe last year at 100yds with the 123eld and had a complete pass through! Had to shoot her again. Had two perfect holes in and out! I always thought it was strange from what I heard from others experience with this bullet.

Sounds like when I shot a buck with my Grendel. But he took off and I didn't get the chance for shot number 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom