6.5 Grendel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have a 223 that I'm short a bcg for and my girlfriend got me a 6.5 barrel and bcg for Christmas so i threw this together today using my 223. I know I need a longer handguard and all but this is just for now. Going to do a complete build with a side charge upper for the 6.5 and put my 223 back together here in a few months. I never shoot a 223 anyway so...
20171229_110129.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice..Why do you need a longer handguard.. are your arms so long you reach out that far.
The way I see it longer just adds weight and more bulk to the package.
I would be happy the way it is and go shoot it

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just dont like the exposed gas block. Its a heavy barrel so the few oz gained wont be noticeable. Plus I like as long a handguard as possible that way I dont have to worry if my barrel is touching my shooting sticks when Im in a hurry to shoot while hunting. Or if my barrel is touching my bags while shooting off a bench.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm curious how accurate it is. Be sure to post a range report with groups as soon as you can!

My ultralight is using a BCA 16" lightweigh mid gas 223 Wylde barrel, but I haven't accuracy tested it yet. I've only function tested it so far.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will ASAP but I dont even own a grendel bullet right now. I have reloading stuff on order except for slugs. There is a LGS that has some 123 SST I need to pick up next week so itll be a few weeks before I get a load worked up for it. I have one other Bear Creek barrel and have installed and shot probably 4 more and have not been disappointed in any of them. My buddy has one with a 18" Saturn barrel thats supposed to be like a $300 barrel so Ill be thrilled when it out shoots his.