6.5 Grendel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Short mag... Duh lol. How is it better than a Grendel?

not having a grendel is better. i'm not a fanboy of long bullets and short cases. 1000 yard steel plates,,,ummm,,,practical applications please. the grendel folk get all wound up in bullet coefficient, sectional crosss density, blah, blah, blah. grendel bolt is the weak link of the gun. any scenario i can envision puts 300 yds as the extreme range for ethical hunting or other use. but, but, my grendel will ring steel at a 1000 yards LOL

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not having a grendel is better. i'm not a fanboy of long bullets and short cases. 1000 yard steel plates,,,ummm,,,practical applications please. the grendel folk get all wound up in bullet coefficient, sectional crosss density, blah, blah, blah. grendel bolt is the weak link of the gun. any scenario i can envision puts 300 yds as the extreme range for ethical hunting or other use. but, but, my grendel will ring steel at a 1000 yards LOL

I’ve killed 4 deer from 400-550yds, 1 shot kills

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve killed 4 deer from 400-550yds, 1 shot kills
He just wants to hate on the Grendel man. It's not all about hunting either... My Grendel is a target rifle and was built because it is a fun challenge to see how far out you can shoot. I went with the 6.5g because I like the AR platform and ammo is readily available and fairly inexpensive.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
.243 WSSM is similar in that it requires a cut out bolt face, if I'm recalling correctly. Can you load heavy 6mm bullets with .243 WSSM in the AR15 mag? Like 105s and larger?

Upsides are it's a smaller bullet with more powder, so faster and more energy.
Downsides are it's a fatter case so lower mag capacity and less availability for ammo and cases.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted a 243wssm but when I was looking into both, brass availability for the 243 was a bit more scarce than Grendel brass. Who knows, I might build wssm in the future

Latest posts

Top Bottom