6.5 Jap ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great rifle if you got one of the surplus ones before the end of the war. Beware of the ones later in the war. They had weak actions.
I have a 7.7 jap that has been re-barreled to a .300 Savage. (identical ballistics to the .308).

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great rifle if you got one of the surplus ones before the end of the war. Beware of the ones later in the war. They had weak actions.
I have a 7.7 jap that has been re-barreled to a .300 Savage. (identical ballistics to the .308).

Stepdad gave me a sporterized Jap rifle. Took it to a gun shop,they said they would have to do a cast in chamber to see if it was a 6.5 or 7.7. Gave it to my son and he sold it at a gun show...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stepdad gave me a sporterized Jap rifle. Took it to a gun shop,they said they would have to do a cast in chamber to see if it was a 6.5 or 7.7. Gave it to my son and he sold it at a gun show...

Me thinks said gun shop was just wanting to get into your wallet. Chamber cast? Really?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's fairly simple to deduce that if it has a barrel dia a tad over .30 caliber it ain't no 6.5! I'm just sayin. lol

Sometimes I really wonder how people get their shoes on the correct feet in the morning and people in gun shops like this one are definitely in that group.

Latest posts

Top Bottom