6.7 Cummins manual transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
B&M shifter just came in. Theres no little plates tack welded to the sides on it. The “shoulders” are machined. I feel safer already.
93A61F52-DDE0-4D42-8670-6BBC7EA80C00.jpeg
574BEC32-ADDD-4972-80C8-9C266484EA39.jpeg
C884E91C-5E62-4838-8A00-CF952DE72357.jpeg
9634EF2E-4706-4A3B-AED5-3BA6CFD5056F.jpeg

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just looking at a well made piece of machinery makes me happy.

Factory pieces like that shifter tower are made to work adequately, and no more. The aftermarket can afford to spend engineering to make it correctly, and the difference is immediately evident.

I'm betting that once using that shifter, you will wish you had purchased it years ago.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well if I could go back to 2010 I would probably buy a Ford. I’ve always been a fan of Ford cabs and traded in 2 7.3 fords on this truck. When I decided to buy a new truck in 10’ I wasn’t gonna be a test pilot for the ford 6.7 since they had just had two failed diesels prior. Hindsight is always 20/20 I reckon.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To update y’all, trans builder finally got done Wednesday, I picked it up Thursday and @Glock 40, his son and I put it back in yesterday evening. This morning I filled the trans through the top with 7 quarts of Amsoil 75w90, installed the b&m shift tower and buttoned the project up. I just got back from testing it and I like it better than ever. The fluid I put in it really smoothed it out and made it quieter. These come from factory with ATF although Mercedes spec is 75w90. When I changed the first clutch I swapped to Delvac 50 which everyone raved was the best thing at the time. Now folks swear by Amsoil MTG. I’m an Amsoil dealer so it makes sense that I would use what I sell. I’m here to tell you it runs quieter and shifts smoother than what I’ve used before. Now the B&M, I love it. The shifter is definitely tighter. In neutral it is stiff enough that the ol one finger wobble to check for neutral won’t work. That being said though I was unknowingly driving this truck with a “broken” shifter so I may not be remembering the factory shifter as it was new. I also like the way it feels like the b&m “locks” into each gear. Anyhow those are my firsthand experiences. Thanks again @Glock 40

Latest posts

Top Bottom