6.8 SPC AR-15 for Deer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the 300bo shoots rainbows and is not designed for hunting, designed for room cleaning suppressed. the 6.8 spcII still carries the energy at 300 yards of a .357 at the muzzle. they sure kill a lot of hogs down in texas with the 6.8spcII. the remington designed chamber was flawed, a critical measurement was not true to the design, and when the chambers were reamed the flawed measurement was included. the round failed the military test because of chamber pressure exceeded the military limits. the company i buy my barrels from was instrumental in figuring out the problem along with a fellow in texas and SSA. with the correct chamber the round is a great all around cartridge, and functions best out of a 16" barrel.

here is an interesting read
http://ar15hunter.com/fall-6-8-spc-rise-6-8-spc-ii-hunting-round/

i did a bit of research before i made my first 6.8spcII purchase, i'm very happy with my harem of them

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess you can just call me a old fundy dundy. I just don't get why anyone would want a AR to Deer hunt with and shoot a 6.8 or .223 or 300 blackout I just don't get it. Like when I was in the army I would hear city boys say boy I bet this would be a good deer gun. I would tell them that gun is made for killing humans not deer. But hey each to his own.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I guess you can just call me a old fundy dundy. I just don't get why anyone would want a AR to Deer hunt with and shoot a 6.8 or .223 or 300 blackout I just don't get it. Like when I was in the army I would hear city boys say boy I bet this would be a good deer gun. I would tell them that gun is made for killing humans not deer. But hey each to his own.
You're an old fundy dundy!

(Whatever that is.) :D

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ok so, I recommend you buy the gun because I believe that is a good price.

If for some reason you use it next season and the deer do not appreciate the gun, bring it down south and we will try out our deer down here with it.

6.8 is a good round to drop a deer in my opinion. Enjoy!!!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, there's nothin wrong with being a traditionalist. I like flintlock rifles too and think they're kind of nifty, but the coon skin caps make my scalp itch. ;)

P.S. Deer and humans are approximately the same size. Just thought you might want to know that. :)

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I chose the 6.8 for the reviews off of the 6.8 forum and the fact that I was wanting a bigger bullet for my young kids to shoot deer with. The AR platform is perfect for kids with a collapsible stock. My kids start shooting the SW 15-22, which has the same set up as a regular AR. They loved it and made the switch seamlessly. It also helped that I wanted a Wilson Combat and they offered it in 6.8. Now, my kids won't shoot anything else, very little recoil, familiar platform and a gun they think is cool in a very accurate rifle. Read some of the hunting reviews on 6.8 forum and I bet you'll be sold on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom