6 Reasons Why The AR-15 Is Actually Ideal For Self-Defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention about that picture is the buffer on the gun. It's a modified cycling system from Dead Foot Arms and it shaves five inches off the overall length of the gun.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
-And prob 60% of its reliability lol

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
-And prob 60% of its reliability lol
Hmm... Let's see:
Shooting Illustrated said:
The big question is, when modifying the tried and true inner working mechanism of the AR-15, is what those modifications do the reliability of your gun, and I’m pleased to report that there no hiccups at all during my reliability testing of the Modified Cycling System. In order to ensure that success, however, I installed an adjustable gas block on rifle and tuned the gas system to work well with the Dead Foot Arms system.

Installing an adjustable gas block and adjust the gas volume passed to the operating system is something I do anytime I upgrade or modify the operating system of an otherwise stock AR-15, so this modification was not out of the ordinary for me. To test the reliability of the Deadfoot Arms Modified Cycling System, I shot 260 rounds of SIG Sauer 120-grain supersonic .300 Blackout and 220-grain subsonic ammo, and then swapped out the .300 Blackout upper for a .223 Rem. upper and fired an additional 100 rounds of 5.56 NATO M193 55-grain ammo through my pistol. The gun ate up and spat out every round, with no issues feeding or cycling during all 360 rounds, no matter if the stock was folded or not. Link

That was the only written review I could find, so I'll add a video review:

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"In order to ensure that success, however, I installed an adjustable gas block on rifle and tuned the gas system to work well with the Dead Foot Arms system."

Yep. Had to modify from stock to achieve reliability.
You ignored the part where he says, "Installing an adjustable gas block and adjust the gas volume passed to the operating system is something I do anytime I upgrade or modify the operating system of an otherwise stock AR-15, so this modification was not out of the ordinary for me."
Until a manufacturer incorporates the MCS into a stock design, adding the system to an AR will be modifying it. If you're modifying the buffer system, why not tune the entire gun for optimum performance. Otherwise, just run a stock gun.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this just in....dead foot arms system now added to the "mil-spec" list.

heres a pro tip; never trust a effing youtube video that has title graphics like a effing kardashian cosmetic video

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You ignored the part where he says, "Installing an adjustable gas block and adjust the gas volume passed to the operating system is something I do anytime I upgrade or modify the operating system of an otherwise stock AR-15, so this modification was not out of the ordinary for me."
Until a manufacturer incorporates the MCS into a stock design, adding the system to an AR will be modifying it. If you're modifying the buffer system, why not tune the entire gun for optimum performance. Otherwise, just run a stock gun.

Nope, didn't miss it at all.
Not everyone likes to use adjustable gas blocks though.

I'm just saying, don't claim total reliability of a product if you're not going to test it alone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom