6-year-old shoots elementary school teacher in Virginia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This right here should tell people the way society has been trained to bring up kids is all backwards.

Bring back the paddlings.
I feel like parents' will power has seen a huge decrease as well. I clearly remember never doubting my parents' resolve to do whatever was necessary to make me regret a bad decision. They were creative too, especially once I got old enough the paddle didn't give the desired effect.

Even looking at other parents our age, we see them looking defeated and out of energy while their kids act like asshats. I am so grateful my wife and I are on the same page in regards to our complete lack of willingness to let the kids win at that nonsense.

I am now blessed with a daughter that may be a tad more stubborn than I was at that age and I have sat her down and told her directly that she will never have the resolve to go to the lengths I am willing to for a correction in her actions. She is 8 now, so that means being able to play the waiting game long enough that she will actually eat her damn dinner. After she helped me cooked, weighed in on the seasoning, and gave it her seal of approval only to rescind it as soon as her plate was made. I really hope I can make her believe it now while it is simple and not try to test me again in her teens.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was his sister that did the stabbing.
That is nothing new, Cain killed Able, his brother, a long time ago, RIGHT? As long as humans have free will, they will do things like this! Do they have people killing each other in North Korea, or is the Communist State, and the GREAT LEADER the only one allowed to do the killing?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel like parents' will power has seen a huge decrease as well. I clearly remember never doubting my parents' resolve to do whatever was necessary to make me regret a bad decision. They were creative too, especially once I got old enough the paddle didn't give the desired effect.

Even looking at other parents our age, we see them looking defeated and out of energy while their kids act like asshats. I am so grateful my wife and I are on the same page in regards to our complete lack of willingness to let the kids win at that nonsense.

I am now blessed with a daughter that may be a tad more stubborn than I was at that age and I have sat her down and told her directly that she will never have the resolve to go to the lengths I am willing to for a correction in her actions. She is 8 now, so that means being able to play the waiting game long enough that she will actually eat her damn dinner. After she helped me cooked, weighed in on the seasoning, and gave it her seal of approval only to rescind it as soon as her plate was made. I really hope I can make her believe it now while it is simple and not try to test me again in her teens.
GOOD LUCK with that!! The village raises the kids now, as Crooked Hillary once said!! While both parents work to try and stay up with inflation, imposed by crooked politicians, used to control us! Kids mortals, opinions, sense of right, and wrong, belief in God, sexual behavior, wannabe ACTORS HAVE TO PRETEND TO BE HOMOSEXUAL, BY-SEXUAL- OR PRACTICE SOME OTHER SEXUAL PERVERSION, TO GET A JOB IN HOLLYWOOD! And we allow these dispicable perverts and the ones in Washington DC, to tell us what to WE CAN THINK? How stupid os that? Epstein was simply the front man, so he would get the blame, if caught! Whom ever was behind this CHILD SEX SLAVERY, EXCLUSIVE CLUB, THAT OPERATED ABOVE THE LAW, WORLD WIDE, FOR OVER 20 YEARS, IS STILL IN BUSINESS! THIS WOULD HAVE NEVER COME TO LIGHT IF NOT FOR TRUMP BEING ELECTED PRESIDENT! NO WONDER THEY ARE GOING TO SUCH EXTRAORDINARY LENGTHS TO TRASH HIM! THINK, AND VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where's the Bart Simpson/FBI meme "He was on our radar."

The school superintendent says an employee was aware before the shooting that the 6-yr-old had reportedly brought a gun to school.

"...Superintendent George Parker admitted to parents during an online town hall Thursday night an unnamed staff member at Richneck Elementary School had been told the first-grader had a gun in his possession.
'At least one administrator was notified of a possible weapon...and was aware that that student had — there was a potential that there was a weapon on campus,' the superintendent told parents.
He also said the boy’s backpack was searched, but no gun was found. However, two-and-a-half hours later, the 6-year-old pulled out his mother’s 9mm Taurus handgun during an argument with teacher Abigail Zwerner and shot her."
https://nypost.com/2023/01/13/school-official-knew-boy-had-gun-before-teachers-shooting/

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same story?

School Was Warned First Grader Had Gun Before He Shot Teacher, Searched Bag But Didn’t Find It​

Sandy Malone12 hours ago
Newport News, VA – School administrators admitted that Richneck Elementary School knew the first grader who shot his teacher had been accused of having a gun in his backpack earlier that day and had searched the little boy’s bag but not found the weapon.
Newport News police said at a press conference on Jan. 13 that law enforcement was not notified about the tip the school had been given about the six year old having a gun before he shot his first grade teacher hours later, the Associated Press reported.
Newport News Police Department spokesperson Kelly King said in an email that the police department learned through their investigation after the teacher was shot that a school employee had been notified of a possible gun on campus before the Jan. 6 elementary school shooting.

“The Newport News Police Department was not notified of this information prior to the incident,” King wrote.
Michelle Price, a spokeswoman for the Newport News school district, told reporters that the six-year-old boy’s backpack was searched after the school got the tip, the Associated Press reported.
Price refused to comment on the Newport News police’s statement about the school’s failure to notify law enforcement.
She said that when school officials receive a tip about a potential weapon or other contraband on a school campus, if they get information about who has the weapon or where it may be, “that’s where the search starts,” the Associated Press reported.

“I’m not able to comment on whether other searches may have occurred, except for the fact that the superintendent has shared that the student’s backpack was searched and nothing was found at the time,” Price explained.
She said she had not been told where school officials think the gun was hidden when they searched the boy’s bag, WRC reported.
“That probably is definitely part of our internal investigation and the police investigation, but nothing about that has been released publicly,” Price said.
Newport News Schools Superintendent Dr. George Parker revealed during a livestream for Richneck Elementary School parents on Jan. 12 that there was a report that the boy might have had a weapon on him when he got to school Friday morning, WAVY reported.

“At least one administrator was notified of a possible weapon,” Parker said.
The superintendent said that there would be administrative changes made in all of the schools in the district but he didn’t say specifically what those changes would be, WAVY reported.
He also told parents that he had been in touch with Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, for advice on how to proceed.
“We’ve been in contact with Uvalde in Texas who have been very gracious in communicating with us,” Parker told the parents.

He said that after three shootings in the school district in three years, the superintendent said Newport News Public Schools would change the way the district handles security, WAVY reported.
Parker said schools across the district would be getting high-tech metal detectors and he’s planning to require all Richneck students to carry clear plastic backpacks that will be provided by the school district.
Authorities responded to Richneck Elementary School, located in the 200-block of Tyner Drive, off Jefferson Avenue, just after 2 p.m. on Jan. 6, for a report of a shooting inside a classroom, WAVY reported.
Newport News Police Chief Steve Drew told reporters at a press briefing shortly after the incident that a six-year-old boy was involved in “an altercation” with his teacher before he pulled out a handgun and shot her, The Virginian-Pilot reported.

“This was not an accidental shooting,” Chief Drew said.
The police chief said that one round was fired, The Virginian-Pilot reported.
The six-year-old shooter was taken into custody at the scene.
No students were injured during the incident, according to police.

The teacher who was shot has been identified as 25-year-old Abigail Zwerner, WRC reported.
She was shot in the chest and her injuries were considered to be life-threatening.
However, authorities said on Friday that Zwerner’s medical condition had improved to “stable,” WRC reported.
Another six-year-old student who was in the classroom when her teacher was shot told reporters that her classmate shot their teacher “on purpose,” The Virginian-Pilot reported.

Chief Drew said the child used his mother’s gun to shoot his teacher, WRC reported.
The police chief said the gun had been purchased legally but it wasn’t yet known how the six year old gained access to the weapon that he used to shoot his first grade teacher.
Authorities said the investigation is active and more information will be released as investigators determine what led up to the tragedy at the Virginia elementary school, WRC reported.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
So they knew who the kid was.

They knew the threat.

They knew the target.

They DIDN'T call the police before the shooting.

The teacher was still shot.

After the fact

A little 6 year old who witnessed the shooting said it was not accidental, it was intentional.

ParkingLot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
How in the world does a 6 year old have access to a gun?
It's not locked up or the parents were unaware that the child was being sneaky and saw the code/key placement for the compartment the firearm was stored. My daughter was 5 or so when she figured out one day how to unlock my phone and my wife's phone. Children are always watching and listening.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the relatives of this youth may be in gangs.
I will stay tuned for more as this is just beginning to break.
I was thinking l bet l can define the demographics of
the shooter and it's family and a near location of the residence.......but not to fear it is Trump's fault this happened and we must confiscate all types of firearms immediately

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom