60 Minutes: My wife's job, everyday, and it's ridiculous that this goes on in the US.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How are politicians forcing businesses to move production overseas to lower their costs and increase their profits? This is businesses doing what they do in a free market.

The only culpability of politicians is making it easier for companies to do exactly that in exchange for campaign contributions so that they can stay in office. But don’t think politicians wouldn’t do exactly the opposite of there was money to be made from keeping jobs and production in the US.
You forgot pilling on un-needed regulations until a company would be crazy to stay here. Like needing a waver on a regulation from one agency, so you can comply with a regulation from another.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here is what my wifes treatment cost 3 years ago vs this year
View attachment 275445View attachment 275446

I got one bill from a non-descript company (Eagle, Inc or some such)
Statement says, PAST DUE
Medical Services. $ 48, 862

Will be turned over to Collections in 10 days.

I shoved the statement in their provided, postage paid envelop.
Added my own note:

Send complete, ITEMIZED invoice.
Date, time, location of services.
Who provided service
Result of the service
Insurance statement of total bill, approved charges, paid by insurance, balance owed.

Collections 10 days from when?
Please turn this over.

cc/my attorney

Been over 2 months. I haven't heard from them.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could comment and parrot what has already been said but I am just so damn frustrated the lefties have no frikkin idea what they have done to us (U.S.) by cheating OBiden into office.

It's going to get a lot worse before it even thinks about getting better. Self sufficiency is one cornerstone of a country, a strong military is another, a good government is the third and the citizens being of one mindset is the fourth.

We... are screwed.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my bills from hospitals, they list all these things, and the price they charge for each, but when we get a statement from our insurance, they NEVER PAY the full price! In fact they usually neonate them down to between 10% and 20% of the original bill! Do hospitals jack the bill up, knowing they will have to negotiate, and only be payed 10% or 20% of the bill from insurance companies? Then we have the poor people that don't have insurance, HOW are they going to pay these inflated bills? If individuates were allowed to pay the same prices as BIG INSURANCE COMPANIES, they could pay their bills off, and not be forced to go bankrupt!

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On my bills from hospitals, they list all these things, and the price they charge for each, but when we get a statement from our insurance, they NEVER PAY the full price! In fact they usually neonate them down to between 10% and 20% of the original bill! Do hospitals jack the bill up, knowing they will have to negotiate, and only be payed 10% or 20% of the bill from insurance companies? Then we have the poor people that don't have insurance, HOW are they going to pay these inflated bills? If individuates were allowed to pay the same prices as BIG INSURANCE COMPANIES, they could pay their bills off, and not be forced to go bankrupt!
Then we have the poor people that don't have insurance
They don't pay hospital Bills
Thats why are bill are so large

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

When the wife and I retired back in 2014, the wife wasn't 65 and eligible for Medicare yet. We first discovered GoodRX to save on prescriptions. Then, when she had to have medical treatments or whatever, she told them that she was without insurance. Many medical places deducted 40% to 50% on the costs. Even when she had to go to the ER once, the hospital reduced the bill by 50%.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Insurance companies usually have contracts with hospitals and providers. My understanding is that basically the insurance company guarantees some amount of business to the provider in exchange for negotiated (lower) rates. It's a volume discount, more or less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom