60 Minutes: My wife's job, everyday, and it's ridiculous that this goes on in the US.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The answer was usually “it would cost too much” .. Don’t see how anything could cost more than everything does now, and still rising.
But it would because drug companies won't give up their 1,000x markup on their drugs, so the added cost of manufacturing here in the states vs the slave labor... oops.. I mean labor in China will just get added to their already grotesquely inflated prices. I had this argument already about how drugs should be price regulated but oh no, free market!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But it would because drug companies won't give up their 1,000x markup on their drugs, so the added cost of manufacturing here in the states vs the slave labor... oops.. I mean labor in China will just get added to their already grotesquely inflated prices. I had this argument already about how drugs should be price regulated but oh no, free market!

Wif is taking an imuno therapy booster. IV, every 6 weeks, takes less than 30 minutes for infusion. Vitamins in a solution. $20k for the bag. Plus, Dr, office visit, nurses, procedure, equipment.

$20k for a cup of water, some vitamins in a plastic bag! Cost to produce <$5, my guess.

Not a NEW drug, incurring $Millions to develop. This treatment has been in use for 15 years.

So much for us having a great retirement. 1 year ago, we were looking at a comfortable retirement. My Coved, her cancer and Pedo Joe inflation; I am broke.

Big goobermint or corporate greed, we are screwed, either way.

Last edited:

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s just plain stupid that we’re not manufacturing everything we need in the USA. The answer was usually “it would cost too much” .. Don’t see how anything could cost more than everything does now, and still rising. I could go on and on - bottom line is China (mainly) has us by the 🥎⚾️ - Oh yeah, and good ole’ Joe pissed China off again yesterday, so what now 🤔😳
Would be nice if it were that simple. The U.S. imports almost zero baby formula, the shortages and disruptions are entirely domestic in origin. Protectionist laws preventing imports of Canadian and European formula have dramatically aggravated the situation. There's no government policy that's going to solve these issues, government involvement almost always makes things worse. Best thing would be for the government to back off and let the markets sort things out. Sadly, I don't see that happening, as both sides now seem to be clamoring for more government intervention to fix problems that were largely caused by government intervention.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wif is taking an imuno therapy booster. IV, every 6 weeks, takes less than 30 minutes for infusion. Vitamins in a solution. $20k for the bag. Plus, Dr, office visit, nurses, procedure, equipment.

$20k for a cup of water, some vitamins in a plastic bag! Cost to produce <$5, my guess.

Not a NEW drug, incurring $Millions to develop. This treatment has been in use for 15 years.

So much for us having a great retirement. 1 year ago, we were looking at a comfortable retirement. My Coved, her cancer and Pedo Joe inflation; I am broke.

here is what my wifes treatment cost 3 years ago vs this year
Screenshot 2022-05-26 115025.png
Screenshot 2022-05-26 115157.png

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

don't worry turkey; we're all broke.

most of us are just waiting. waiting for the signs from the sky.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would be nice if it were that simple. The U.S. imports almost zero baby formula, the shortages and disruptions are entirely domestic in origin. Protectionist laws preventing imports of Canadian and European formula have dramatically aggravated the situation. There's no government policy that's going to solve these issues, government involvement almost always makes things worse. Best thing would be for the government to back off and let the markets sort things out. Sadly, I don't see that happening, as both sides now seem to be clamoring for more government intervention to fix problems that were largely caused by government intervention.
The markets sorting things out is the entire reason that all the manufacturing moved out of the US. Because the rich stockholders get higher dividends when they don't have to pay Americans to work compared to the super-cheap rates overseas. The "markets" are really just a small group of people with wealth beyond comprehension whose goal is just to keep getting more.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the politicians who are making money by farming out our production of goods to foreign countries for $$$ or those who want a One World Order. Those who are involved are placing us at risk, medications adulterated with who knows what, computer chips in our defense systems, TVs, computers, etc, etc. Probably China knows more about us than we know about ourselves. If...IF there were a war with China we as citizens would be in dire straits, not just ICBM's but suddenly medications could be cut off, food supplies threatened and so on. Little thought was given when the politicians sold the country years ago and I hope when things get rough that they and their families suffer just as much as rge average citizen-but I doubt it.

pogopogo

New to the site!
Reaction score
It's the politicians who are making money by farming out our production of goods to foreign countries for $$$ or those who want a One World Order. Those who are involved are placing us at risk, medications adulterated with who knows what, computer chips in our defense systems, TVs, computers, etc, etc. Probably China knows more about us than we know about ourselves. If...IF there were a war with China we as citizens would be in dire straits, not just ICBM's but suddenly medications could be cut off, food supplies threatened and so on. Little thought was given when the politicians sold the country years ago and I hope when things get rough that they and their families suffer just as much as rge average citizen-but I doubt it.
How are politicians forcing businesses to move production overseas to lower their costs and increase their profits? This is businesses doing what they do in a free market.

The only culpability of politicians is making it easier for companies to do exactly that in exchange for campaign contributions so that they can stay in office. But don’t think politicians wouldn’t do exactly the opposite of there was money to be made from keeping jobs and production in the US.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How are politicians forcing businesses to move production overseas to lower their costs and increase their profits? This is businesses doing what they do in a free market.

The only culpability of politicians is making it easier for companies to do exactly that in exchange for campaign contributions so that they can stay in office. But don’t think politicians wouldn’t do exactly the opposite of there was money to be made from keeping jobs and production in the US.
I think you answered properly, but doesn't NAFTA somehow come into the picture? And the politicians allow companies to shift their business overseas-otherwise, they couldn't do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom