60 minutes on Preppers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"It may turn out that I'm horribly naive but I do believe that the more I can help others be self-sufficient the less I need to worry about them taking from me ..."

I "believe" a bit of both.

The more you help, the better off we all are.
Those that know you are prepped, but unwilling to work, are the ones you have to be aware of.

I sometimes think my Wif has a neon, flashing "INFORMATION" on her forehead. It never fails, we are out, somebody will ask her about something.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"It may turn out that I'm horribly naive but I do believe that the more I can help others be self-sufficient the less I need to worry about them taking from me ..."

I "believe" a bit of both.

The more you help, the better off we all are.
Those that know you are prepped, but unwilling to work, are the ones you have to be aware of.

I sometimes think my Wif has a neon, flashing "INFORMATION" on her forehead. It never fails, we are out, somebody will ask her about something.

That's kinda how I feel. It's not like I run around with my hair on fire screaming "The End is nigh better get your canned corn tonight!!"

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
same.

i have heard so many people say things like "you don't understand, when everything fails you won't even be able to hunt or fish because all the game animals will be harvested in the first season"

but i mean we're talking about people that *won't even get in the car and drive to get fast food* they will just starve or eat each other lol they ain't finding deer or squirrels or birds or fish come on.
Right. But hey we’re talking total collapse economic apocalypse here! Why limit yourself to only game animals like deer/birds etc. I’m saying coons/opossum/rodents/dogs/cats etc.. if the **** really hits the fan I will eat anything is not a human. Hide your pets y’all! Lmao

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few years ago I would have agreed with you but I see the tide turning. My reputation precedes me apparently and I have more and more customers asking me about gardening, canning, freeze drying and dehydrating all the time. The chickens and rabbits and quail are yet other conversations I get hit on pretty regularly now.

Just tonight I had a guy ask me if his canned stuff that was a week out of date was dangerous to eat. He was dead serious. I have absolutely no problem visiting with people about preparing and where to look for information. He was extremely grateful and told me he had been told by several of his buddies that "the old lady at the grocery store, no offense cuz you ARE sweet" 😳🤦😂 knew all about "that stuff". 🤷🤷🤷

It may turn out that I'm horribly naive but I do believe that the more I can help others be self-sufficient the less I need to worry about them taking from me ...
You seem like a sweetheart. I applaud your positive mindset. I myself tend to be a bit of a negative Nelly.

Yeah I can’t believe more folks don’t realize to true longevity of what’s in their pantry

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right. But hey we’re talking total collapse economic apocalypse here! Why limit yourself to only game animals like deer/birds etc. I’m saying coons/opossum/rodents/dogs/cats etc.. if the **** really hits the fan I will eat anything is not a human. Hide your pets y’all! Lmao
Fur burger and thighs might be on the menu 🤣.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
The skills our ancestors had to grow, and preserve food without refrigerators, that are mostly lost, will likely be the most important skills if we ever have to survive without modern conveniences? In the GOOD OL DAYS, the infant mortality rate was 40%/50%, average life expectancy was 40/50 years, etc. These people would have gladly put up with i the BS to have what we have now, I suspect?

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh.. i disagree. I’d say majority of the population are clueless sheep and overly-confident/ill-prepared normies. I highly doubt “everyone else” is prepared for the extremes I am willing to drudge through
Now that the depression era folks are gone, it seems that complacency is the pulse and temperature of the masses. As stated by Timmy59, 10% are currently preppers, but how many are actually "ready-set-prepared". So, 331.900,000 million US citizens x 10% = 33,190,000 who are said to be prepping or prepared for SHTF. 33-million sounds like a lot to me. From my discussions of late with family, friends and coworkers, I doubt that 10% are prepping beyond a couple extra rolls of TP and a box of bullets. I'd say 2-3% is about right...still. Happy to admit it if I'm wrong, but I just don't see the respected practice of preparedness in the variety of generational and social groups I'm associated with. I did read in Life magazine that Chicken-Little past-away a few years ago from an aggressive case of stage 4 complacent-brain-cancer after his psychotherapist recommended he watch The View in the mornings to curb is anxieties about the sky. See what can happen to ya. Nothin' to see here...:anyone:

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fur burger and thighs might be on the menu 🤣.
d02249ca20a45f2e983356bcd9629557_xl.jpg

I'll pass.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in Arkansas and had a cousin that was a state police officer during Bill, and Hillary's, REIGN, he could tell some unbelievable stories about this pair of criminals, and perverts! I guess Hillary's body guard duty was the worst punishment duty, a state police officer could get! She treated them like her personal slave, house boy! This pair have killed more people than Small Pox, and employed a state medical examiner that ruled deaths what ever he was told to rule them! One guy cut his on head off, committing suicide!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom