66 year old fence.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even ones that have been in ground 30-50 years? I'm replacing mine with T posts, about 2/3rds done and have enough old posts for about 1000 lifetimes of pen turning and any other projects. Looking at the old posts I never would have thought the wood was that pretty.
If you can’t use it all, it’s marketable to wood turners even though it looks bad.
Put it into acrylic and turn it can have amazing results.

These are my McKrosky knives that I specified to be built with Osage Orange laminate.
The pic doesn’t do the color right.

IMG_1617.jpeg

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even ones that have been in ground 30-50 years? I'm replacing mine with T posts, about 2/3rds done and have enough old posts for about 1000 lifetimes of pen turning and any other projects. Looking at the old posts I never would of thought the wood was that pretty.
yes. it will. i use the old rotted off posts stapled into the frnce between the posts as droppers. works reeeeel good

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yes. those will tie the wire very tight against the post. it takes a special bit that goes in your drill just push the two legs into the cylinder and the drill catches them twists and cuts off the small ends. they also make a tie that attaches wire to pipe the same way.
Tractor supply?
Edit: I saw the website you posted. I'll get some ordered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom