'68 GMC Repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if the diaphragm in the fuel pump is cracked it will leak fuel back into the crankcase. if the valves in the pump have rust in them from the tank the pump wont lift fuel to the carb. you can rebuild the pump in just a few minutes and cheap with a rebuild kit.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if the diaphragm in the fuel pump is cracked it will leak fuel back into the crankcase. if the valves in the pump have rust in them from the tank the pump wont lift fuel to the carb. you can rebuild the pump in just a few minutes and cheap with a rebuild kit.
I haven't looked at the pump at all at this point, but considered the rusty tank could have caused a problem with it.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not bad overall, didn't want something that I would be afraid to park in a Wally World lot.

Attachments

• 68 GMC.jpg
    68 GMC.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 53

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not bad overall, didn't want something that I would be afraid to park in a Wally World lot.
Nice! It makes me miss some of mine.

I've owned a half dozen or so '67-'72 Chevy/GMC trucks. The one I miss the most was the '67 half ton 4WD.

Yours looks more like a '67 because there are no side marker lights.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Won't the gas wash down the cylinder walls and thin the oil causing undue wear and tear? I would change the oil and filter before attempting the starting process again.

1645581777559.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom