6mm creedmoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have done some load testing. Velocity is a little disappointing but I've made a new batch with some different powder. The hornady factory match was around Moa. Test loads with h4350 and the 105's where 3/4 Moa varget was a little better. But velocity with both was lackluster honestly. I loaded some sierras but haven't tested them yet. If I can't find a better accuracy and velocity load soon I'm going to rebarrel it in 22cm. I know the six creed is wildly popular with prs guys but my initial thoughts on the cartridge aren't that positive. Really doesn't do anything a .243 win won't do. Maybe have it reamed for ackley to gain some velocity. I have some loads with a powder I couldn't find any published data on but have used in 243 case capacity and some math gave me a starting point and will see what the 105's do. Have some test loads with several lighter bullets and varget made up as well. Maybe the lighter blitzkings or 95 tipped match kings will work. I ordered a swaro 3.5-18 with the outdoorsmans turret but until I find something satisfying velocity and accuracy wise that's acceptable to me I'm gonna wait to mount it on this perplexing rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well what were your numbers? Do you have any pressure signs yet? The only benefit I could find to a CM over a 243 was the availability of tighter twists in factory barrels. You just cant find a fast twist 243.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2895 to 3072 is the fastest I've gotten. No reason why 3200 isn't doable just haven't been able to get there. Hell I haven't been able to break 3100 gps yet. Accuracy has been decent and shows promise but less than acceptable to my standard. The factory hornady match ammo was fawking ridiculous honestly. Best groups I could get where 1.2" for five shot groups. But 1.75" was more like normal. It was so bad I pulled the rest of the **** popped the primers for the brass. Powder weights carried by three grains. That's there match ammo ??? I checked the action screws and headspace all excellent bedding is very well done. Swapped to a couple of proven scopes still no improvement. The Proof barrel is 1:75 twist so heavies should shoot better. No issues with the chamber or throat that my bore scope can find. Hopefully the 4831sc does the trick do have some 4451 to try as well. Talked to the smith who said it's throated for 105 Bergers just haven't been able to get it to shoot them that well yet. If I can't get it to shoot I'll send it back to the builder to have him look at it.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
2895 to 3072 is the fastest I've gotten. No reason why 3200 isn't doable just haven't been able to get there. Hell I haven't been able to break 3100 gps yet. Accuracy has been decent and shows promise but less than acceptable to my standard. The factory hornady match ammo was fawking ridiculous honestly. Best groups I could get where 1.2" for five shot groups. But 1.75" was more like normal. It was so bad I pulled the rest of the **** popped the primers for the brass. Powder weights carried by three grains. That's there match ammo ??? I checked the action screws and headspace all excellent bedding is very well done. Swapped to a couple of proven scopes still no improvement. The Proof barrel is 1:75 twist so heavies should shoot better. No issues with the chamber or throat that my bore scope can find. Hopefully the 4831sc does the trick do have some 4451 to try as well. Talked to the smith who said it's throated for 105 Bergers just haven't been able to get it to shoot them that well yet. If I can't get it to shoot I'll send it back to the builder to have him look at it.

Three grains?!?!??!? And I thought I was careless just aiming for +/- .1grn!

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant remember exactly but I was getting well over 3000fps out of my 243 last year with 105 hornady hpbt and RL22 and non magnum primers. My gun just wouldnt shoot those heavy bullets with the 9" twist. I pushed them as fast as I could and couldnt ever get them to shoot. I dropped down to a 87 and shoots .250" 5 shots. Switched to Varget for the lighter bullet.
It may need an excessive break in. Is the crown ok?

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife's .243 gets 3265 with 85gn Barnes x bullets over varget shoots well with that combo. I just talked to a buddy that's running 105 hybrids and Imr 4451 in his 6creed. Gonna load a few and try and test those Friday. Midway just delivered some Norma 6.5 brass I'm going to try as well. Never have liked hornady brass except in my .220 swift. Yes the crown is fine that's one of the first things I checked. Kinda leaning towards the fact maybe I just got a slow barrel.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a custom AR in 6mm DTI. Wouldn't mind getting together with you sometime for a comparison of the DTI and Creedmore. Although I've built my loads with 75 gr VMax.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting closer finally. I finally got to test some h4831sc loads velocity improved accuracy was better. Only had five rounds loaded with 4451 but velocity was more like I expected out of this round. Resized all the Norma tonight and will try to get some rounds ready for a ladder test this weekend. Had some pressure signs with the 4831sc but finally broke the 3k fps barrier pressure wasn't an issue until 32-3300 range. I tried 42 gn 4451 and velocity was avg 3085 and those test loads where .6". Try to find a node and go from there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom