6mm Flobert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d always heard them called .22BB or .22 BB Caps. We used to have family reunions at my mom’s aunt and uncle‘s place out in west Texas, and they had ancient (like1890s vintage) Sears and Roebucks catalogs that I and my cousins would peruse. We frequently marveled at the prices of the guns and ammo, and I remember us being absolutely fascinated with the .22 BB Caps.

I do take issue with one thing he says in the video, though—he says he thinks .22 CB Shorts only use primer charges, no powder. I have some CCI .22 CB Shorts, and I’m almost certain that they have a powder charge. I have some .22 Colibri, which does use only the primer charge, and there’s a noticeable difference between them and the CBs (not to mention the fact that the Colibris also have explicit warnings that they are not for use in rifles, as they may not clear the barrel).

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
22's are way more dangerous than people give them credit for being . Several years ago on the Snipers Hide a member there did a test shooting Butter Balls wrapped in a field jacket at 200 yards to determine how much penetration they had. None of the shots stopped at the field jacket all entered the turkey and a high percentage went completely through the jacket and turkey . Food for thought

Latest posts

Top Bottom