7.7x58?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hagiri

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got myself my first gun. I was set on a Type 99 with the mum still and managed to find one for a fair price. Only issue now is I need ammo. As its my only gun I'm wanting to bulk up on ammo any idea where I can get like a 100 rounds? Looking forward to my first gun.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try AmmoSeek or sgammo, Midwayusa also shows to have it but expensive. 100rds isn't much, maybe a starting point, I would go for 1000 rds. I shoot couple hundred on just about every trip to the range. If you look hard you maybe able to find some military surplus in bulk half way reasonable for today's prices.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You wont find surplus. And if you did find a packet it probably wouldnt shoot anyway.

Just buy what you need at $40 a box and learn to reload if you dont already.

7.7 uses the same bullets as .303 Brit.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably not the best rifle caliber to go deep on, since you can’t stack it cheaply.

Suggest before sinking several hundred $ or thousand $ in ammo into this rifle, do some searching and see if there may be a better caliber that may do what you want for substantially less $ per round. This will give you an opportunity to shoot more for less dollars. Perhaps a 5.56, .308 or .243 may be nearly just as capable but cost you considerably less in the long term. These loadings are way more common, so they’re made in much larger numbers often lowering the price per round, unless shooting unique/boutique bullets.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
good gun with history and fun to shoot. just to help you find ammunition in the future ----most of the time this ammunition will be referred to as 7.7 Jap ammunition. so use that in your search online and it should help you find the best deal.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You wont find surplus. And if you did find a packet it probably wouldnt shoot anyway.

Just buy what you need at $40 a box and learn to reload if you dont already.

7.7 uses the same bullets as .303 Brit.
There isn’t any at 40 a box unless you have found it! Let everyone know thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom