7.7x58?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
thx for the info looking like I should start reloading. What's the cheapest way to start doing that?
02B02322-E283-4D4D-868F-96A26DD25EAC.png

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Hagiri
Lee single stage press
Lee dies(or whatever you can find)
Some sort of powder scale. Used RCBS 505
Primers
Powder
Digital calipers
Case lube
Bullets
Brass
Not sure what all that will run for 7.7 but only thing you’ll need after the initial 100 rounds is more bullets and primers.
Powder is 7000 grains per pound. So once you settle on a load, you can do the math on how many rounds a pound will get you.
$275ish to get started?

Hagiri

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You wont find surplus. And if you did find a packet it probably wouldnt shoot anyway.

Just buy what you need at $40 a box and learn to reload if you dont already.

7.7 uses the same bullets as .303 Brit.
I looked into that you have any videos of a type 99 firing .303? I can find people saying that you can and others saying you cant due to .303 being rimmed. But cant find any proof you can fire .303 outside of people saying you can.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked into that you have any videos of a type 99 firing .303? I can find people saying that you can and others saying you cant due to .303 being rimmed. But cant find any proof of a outside of people saying you can.
Careful there!!! What he means is that it uses the same projectile to reload with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom