700 ADL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dug out an old rifle that sat in the back of my dads safe since the early eighties and has never had a cartridge in it. It’s a Remington 700 ADL in 7mm Rem Mag. It an absolutely svelte little rifle and the irons on it are lined up dead nuts when I blind shoulder it. I don’t want to mess up the cosmic harmonics too bad so I’m thinking about putting a long range receiver mounted peep on it instead of glass. Unfortunately it’s not drilled and tapped in the side for an old Lyman or Redfield micrometer peep. I don’t know if they only did that on very old models and BDLs or what. The only thing that I’ve been able to locate on my own that mounts in the bridge base position is a Williams peep but it is completely devoid of adjustability and would only be suitable for a maximum point blank zero.

Any of you old heads or competition guys have a line on such a thing?

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 700 ADL in .22-250 that is a tack driver. Great rifles and I hope you get what you're looking for.
Thanks. I don’t know if it’s because I’m in the process of becoming a curmudgeon (something that I’ve always aspired to) or just because I read too many African hunting books growing up, but it just seems a man ought to be able to handle a well fit rifle with iron sights like a boss or go out trying. I love the feel of this little blind box stick of unpretentious appointments and either out of sympathy or suspicion of latent greatness believe it deserves a day in the sun. It seems like I’m circling the 7mm vortex from multiple angles and nary a one of them is a cull by any measure. Perhaps there’s a very good reason that seven is a fortuitous number.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I don’t know if it’s because I’m in the process of becoming a curmudgeon (something that I’ve always aspired to) or just because I read too many African hunting books growing up, but it just seems a man ought to be able to handle a well fit rifle with iron sights like a boss or go out trying. I love the feel of this little blind box stick of unpretentious appointments and either out of sympathy or suspicion of latent greatness believe it deserves a day in the sun. It seems like I’m circling the 7mm vortex from multiple angles and nary a one of them is a cull by any measure. Perhaps there’s a very good reason that seven is a fortuitous number.
Ha!Ha! Love your response.
I grew up reading the great novels of Raurk, Craig, Elmer, O'connor and others as well in my youth the great Mountain Men.
My dream life.
Well, that doesn't happen anymore, but it was a dream.
Thanks for dredging up some memories of what it could be.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Post a picture of it. I thought all ADL were slick models in polymer stocks but thats also as of the earlier 2000's production years. Yours seems well older than that. I dont think you can even get an ADL in wood anymore.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Peter Hathaway Capstick was my favorite Author

Latest posts

Top Bottom