700 Remington build help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Element115

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I’m looking to build a 700 Remington. Just bought the heat seeker chassis from sharps bros. I was wanting to get brand suggestions from anyone that has experience shooting or building their own. I would want the brand to make most of the other parts as to minimize making a Frankenstein gun. Thanks In advance any and all help is appreciated.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to build one, but life got in the way. Sold it to an OSA member and he sold every part but the receiver and made a nice tacticool rifle out of it. Mine was going to be simple. Bell and Carlson stock, good mount and rings and decent scope, nothing extravagant.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couple questions first:
1) what's the purpose of the rifle
2) what caliber are you intending
3) what's your budget
4) are you in a hurry
5) are you planning on doing any work yourself

Element115

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple questions first:
1) what's the purpose of the rifle
2) what caliber are you intending
3) what's your budget
4) are you in a hurry
5) are you planning on doing any work yourself
Thanks for the questions.
1. Want for long distance shooting.
2. 308
3. would like to stay around 2k will be getting parts here and there.
4. No
5. Prob have a gun smith put it together if threading and what not is needed.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may want to look at a savage then. A truly good optic is going to burn the majority of your budget. Yes, others will chime in that you can do more with less, but why would you? Good glass costs. A Bartlien is going to start at 400 bucks. (Frank is super busy with a huge back log right now too) Plan another 350ish (I think, been a while) getting the tenon threaded and chambering. A Remington 700 action is going to set you back about 500ish used. But you have a chassis already, so there's that.

Element115

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may want to look at a savage then. A truly good optic is going to burn the majority of your budget. Yes, others will chime in that you can do more with less, but why would you? Good glass costs. A Bartlien is going to start at 400 bucks. (Frank is super busy with a huge back log right now too) Plan another 350ish (I think, been a while) getting the tenon threaded and chambering. A Remington 700 action is going to set you back about 500ish used. But you have a chassis already, so there's that.
The 2k was without optics guess I should of clarified that.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
My suggestion is to buy a Bergara and drop it in your chassis. If you absuolutely want to build one, buy a custom action. There are plenty that have a 700 footprint and all the good stuff already done.

Element115

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My suggestion is to buy a Bergara and drop it in your chassis. If you absuolutely want to build one, buy a custom action. There are plenty that have a 700 footprint and all the good stuff already done.
I was actually looking at doing that with the B14 HMP. Any others you would recommend? I’m new to the long range sport.

Latest posts

Top Bottom