700 Remington build help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Element115

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why .308 it is hard to deny the advantages of 6.5 . ?
Honestly just really wanted 308. I know 65 has less recoil flatter trajectory and all that but even more so if I was gonna go that route I believe 6.0 creedmore is even better. All in all I wanted a round that’s been around a while and is easy to get. I have an AR 300 blackout and Now it’s hard to shoot without cringing with each trigger pull because the ammo I use has gotten so expensive. It’s one of the reasons I’m getting into long range more less bullets fired.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don’t have a Rem action or Rem clone action, a barrel, trigger, rail, bottom metal, or cerakote and you want to keep it around $2,000. Good luck!
Rem action - $500 times 2 for gun smithing = $1,000. Remington clone action……name your poison.
Bartlien barrel - $400 times 2 for gun smithing = $800
Timney trigger - $200
Bottom Metal - $370
1913 Rem short action rail - $85
Cerakote - $250

Total = $2,705

I could take a Tikka T3 CTR in a KRG Bravo chassis with a Tikka OEM barrel and trigger and shoot every bit as good as that custom out to any range. How do I know, I have a custom from GA Precision and a Tikka in a KRG Bravo chassis and the Tikka shoots every bit as good as the GAP.

There are better less expensive options out there today than going with a gunsmith and a custom build.

Element115

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don’t have a Rem action or Rem clone action, a barrel, trigger, rail, bottom metal, or cerakote and you want to keep it around $2,000. Good luck!
Rem action - $500 times 2 for gun smithing = $1,000. Remington clone action……name your poison.
Bartlien barrel - $400 times 2 for gun smithing = $800
Timney trigger - $200
Bottom Metal - $370
1913 Rem short action rail - $85
Cerakote - $250

Total = $2,705

I could take a Tikka T3 CTR in a KRG Bravo chassis with a Tikka OEM barrel and trigger and shoot every bit as good as that custom out to any range. How do I know, I have a custom from GA Precision and a Tikka in a KRG Bravo chassis and the Tikka shoots every bit as good as the GAP.

There are better less expensive options out there today than going with a gunsmith and a custom build.
Yeah I kinda figured that out. That’s why I didn’t use a gun smith. I just bought a 700 rem with a poly chassis and took it and mounted it in my aluminum chassis.

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had my old Remington 700 in 308 rebarreled, blueprinted & threaded by Steve Baldwin in Jones. Hawkhill barrel, cut to 18" w/ a YHMC brake/Resonator K QD combo. Sits in a Magpul Hunter chassis. The rifle itself (plus work) cost me about 1500, and with the Leupold scope (VX-3i LRP) that puts my total around $2.2k.

Absolutely use Baldwin if he can fit you in, he does good work at a good price, and quickly. He had mine done in 3 days, and he cost $300 less than the next closest reputable gunsmith (eastern Texas) that would return my calls and didn't have a 12+ month waiting list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom