72 year old friend wants to deer hunt for the first time but needs a rifle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If his son gave him the pistol he needs to keep it.i really don't need another. Farm is down north of wannette. I'm south of the city by bridgecreek Blanchard area.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20220609_211048.jpg

nightstalker

New to the site!
Reaction score
Probably a bit late here but this is what we bought my dad to hunt pigs with he is 81. We got him a Ruger American in 7.62x39. The rifle is short with a 16" barrel, super light and the recoil is pretty soft. This rig is great on deer and pigs inside 200 yds. We put a leupold 2-7x32 on it..He loves it

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If his son gave him the pistol he needs to keep it.i really don't need another. Farm is down north of wannette. I'm south of the city by bridgecreek Blanchard area.
If you reload I may have some things to offer up for you, or maybe a few boxes of ammo?

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 1 box of Remington 7x57 (mauser) 140gr pointed soft point ammo I will give you for free also if you purchase that rifle.
This ammo is in perfect condition and is from 1982. Before Bar Codes were on the box.
Thank you for that. I'll touch base later on this with you. I'll trade you ammo for ammo. I have some 270 and 300wm that I don't shoot anymore if that interest you. Also have a few reloading items.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not real sure about the scope on this rifle. Can't even remember what brand, but this shoots basically two groups.
Couple of shot goes into one 1- 1.5" group then it shoots another group about 2-3" away from first then it goes back. Normally that's signs of a bad scope. It never bothered me because I mostly shoot less than 100 yards anyway. But it could lay down on you anytime I guess. I've got an old weaver v-4.5 I can throw on there if you wish, but you'd have to sight it in. It's a good scope but has fine crosshairs that's hard for me to see early and late

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not real sure about the scope on this rifle. Can't even remember what brand, but this shoots basically two groups.
Couple of shot goes into one 1- 1.5" group then it shoots another group about 2-3" away from first then it goes back. Normally that's signs of a bad scope. It never bothered me because I mostly shoot less than 100 yards anyway. But it could lay down on you anytime I guess. I've got an old weaver v-4.5 I can throw on there if you wish, but you'd have to sight it in. It's a good scope but has fine crosshairs that's hard for me to see early and late
Anything is appreciated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom