762x39, will it go down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been out of the loop a bit, but I understand that there is a ban on new Russian importers of ammo. I don’t think this has anything to do with current importers, but it seems like distributors havetaken this “scary” info and ran with it, hoping to use the news to jack up prices. I’m in the process of moving, and have realized that I am a lot lower on 762x39 than I would like to be. It’s one of my top 2 rounds to shoot. If I go load up on some ammo now to replenish my stores am I just screwing myself? Or do you think the current 40cpr is here to stay?

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been out of the loop a bit, but I understand that there is a ban on new Russian importers of ammo. I don’t think this has anything to do with current importers, but it seems like distributors havetaken this “scary” info and ran with it, hoping to use the news to jack up prices. I’m in the process of moving, and have realized that I am a lot lower on 762x39 than I would like to be. It’s one of my top 2 rounds to shoot. If I go load up on some ammo now to replenish my stores am I just screwing myself? Or do you think the current 40cpr is here to stay?
I think you won't see anything lower than this for steel cased, since the end of importation is coming. The licenses only are good for so long. I mainly buy brass due to range rules and it has been coming down to just above steel prices lately. My last couple of orders were from Norma Shooting as they have been having sales and free shipping since they just opened their website. All they sell is their own Norma ammo. Post a want to buy on here and see what you get, I have seen some offers lately that weren't bad, to people who were looking.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As nearly all the cheap 7.62x39 came from Russia, no..it won't go down. Norma and Yugo surplus will be the main supply until someone else like PPU can ramp up. And they won't be able to do it as cheaply as Tula or Izvesk.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other manufacturers will step up to produce 7.62x39.
But keep in mind, this ban affects all Russian ammo .223 9mm .380 and so on and so on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom