This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So this same situation will not happen with you new MMJ business operations?

https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/overdose.html

Per the CDC, 46 people a day die from Prescription Opioid overdoses.

Can you provide that there have been similar death tolls in Canada, Colorado, Washington, etc? Where MMJ has been distributed for some time. Not to mention the complications?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right, I get it.... doesn't happen. Opioids aren't a problem.
They are a huge problem. But it’s much more complex that just saying doctors are whores and it’s the pharmaceuticals fault for paying. There have been a bunch of studies looking at this, most of which haven’t shown a correlation with payment. And show the same speed to transition to generics, when they become available, among paid and non paid physicians. But I realize, for you, it’s much easier to just split into simple categories and simple answers.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/overdose.html

Per the CDC, 46 people a day die from Prescription Opioid overdoses.

Can you provide that there have been similar death tolls in Canada, Colorado, Washington, etc? Where MMJ has been distributed for some time. Not to mention the complications?

Anyplace where there is a potential for profit, there will be those who decide for themselves to operate outside the law. Now, consider the millions of people who have improved quality of life because of the proper use of opioids. I'm sure there will be similar reports of improvement of life from the use of MMJ, and there will continue to be those who will misuse the same medication. The unlawful use will not go away just because Oklahoma has made the medical use legal.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are a huge problem. But it’s much more complex that just saying doctors are whores and it’s the pharmaceuticals fault for paying. There have been a bunch of studies looking at this, most of which haven’t shown a correlation with payment. And show the same speed to transition to generics, when they become available, among paid and non paid physicians. But I realize, for you, it’s much easier to just split into simple categories and simple answers.

Aye, and I'm sure it's much easier for you to split me off into a category and relay that I'm "flinging poo." Again though, these are your words. I'm being very specific to not include "all" or even "most" doctors in my statements because what you're being sarcastic about is not what I believe. If you chose to ignore that, it's on you. I have relayed however, that there's enough payments from drug companies going around to create bias.

By all means post these studies, to be honest I'd like to read them, and that's not me being sarcastic in any way, shape, or form.

Back to my original statements, when I see organizations such as the Oklahoma Board of Health being bias, I stand by that, but that board isn't made up of entirely doctors. It's a "health" industry as a whole that will lose money and I'm sorry, this seems like a bit of a shakedown. But I'm completely open to discuss any justification of their rules.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyplace where there is a potential for profit, there will be those who decide for themselves to operate outside the law. Now, consider the millions of people who have improved quality of life because of the proper use of opioids. I'm sure there will be similar reports of improvement of life from the use of MMJ, and there will continue to be those who will misuse the same medication. The unlawful use will not go away just because Oklahoma has made the medical use legal.

I'm really not sure that you're following this conversation completely. I'm not arguing against MMJ.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand completely. And I sort of arguing against MMJ. It has been promoted primarily by those not needing it medically, but as a step to opening the door to recreational. The question was poorly written, and now it is creating additional problems with the attempt to put it in place. While there will be a fair amount of good that will come, I believe there will be more negative impact than positive.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aye, and I'm sure it's much easier for you to split me off into a category and relay that I'm "flinging poo." Again though, these are your words. I'm being very specific to not include "all" or even "most" doctors in my statements because what you're being sarcastic about is not what I believe. If you chose to ignore that, it's on you. I have relayed however, that there's enough payments from drug companies going around to create bias.

By all means post these studies, to be honest I'd like to read them, and that's not me being sarcastic in any way, shape, or form.

Back to my original statements, when I see organizations such as the Oklahoma Board of Health being bias, I stand by that, but that board isn't made up of entirely doctors. It's a "health" industry as a whole that will lose money and I'm sorry, this seems like a bit of a shakedown. But I'm completely open to discuss any justification of their rules.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mille/CareyLieberMiller_PhysicianPayments2015.pdf
First one I came across

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The opiod crisis is a very complex problem. And it wasn’t created simply by corporations pushing their drugs. That is a very, very minor contributor, in my opinion. Perhaps the biggest contributor was the Joint Commission’s decision to include pain as a 5th vital sign and the subsequent issues with that including defensive medicine by doctors being afraid of being sued for under treating pain. There are many other factors as well. But if you understand how that one decision affected so many things, including even the cultural idea of “I shouldn’t have any pain”, you see that it’s way more than companies pushing drugs. So few of the narcotics are non-generic anyway. There’s no money in it like there is for other drugs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom