7mm-08 load info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okieyote

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked up a 7mm-08 and looking at running 140 Berger VLD Hunting, 150 Accubond LR or 150 ELD-X. Anyone have any info on these bullets using H4350 or Varget?

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t know if he loads it or not, but you might try a YouTube search for “Johnny’s reloading bench.” He seems to be pretty methodical in his approach, and starts with relatively conservative charge weights based upon a number of sources, including the Hornady manual, the Hodgdon and Alliant websites, etc etc. If he has a load worked up for 7mm-08, it may be a good place to start.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do you know what the twist of your barrel is and how much freebore your chamber has. I've found when loading Hunting VLD's they like a light kiss to being jammed. Will you have enough magazine/box length to load them?

In the past I've contacted Bergers tech support for their load data for specific Berger bullet/powder. They've always been more than helpful. [email protected]

Don't believe all the naysayers with regards to Berger's hunting bullets not being very effective. I've shot whitetail, coyotes, and antelope with them and they have been devastating.

Here's some info on a Berger 150gr Classis Hunter.
150gr.jpg

Legend

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
140gr Sierra
IMR-4350 49.0gr 2,865 fps
primer: R 9 1/2; case expansion near maximum; duplicates factory load, probably ought to back off of it a bit and work your way up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom