7yo girl, first scope and shootin steel at 100

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back at it today. She quickly graduated from the single shot to the ruger precision rimfire. Lol. Went from a $60 rifle/scope combo to an $800 combo but the target rings the same. She really flies through the ammo now. I had a talk with her about that. Not because of the expense but because I didn’t feel she was learning from her misses.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back at it today. She quickly graduated from the single shot to the ruger precision rimfire. Lol. Went from a $60 rifle/scope combo to an $800 combo but the target rings the same. She really flies through the ammo now. I had a talk with her about that. Not because of the expense but because I didn’t feel she was learning from her misses.

Keep it up… I know you’re a very proud dad! Now, I’m sorry, but I have some bad news for you. In about 10 years, she’s going to think that you’re an idiot no matter what you do.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep it up… I know you’re a very proud dad! Now, I’m sorry, but I have some bad news for you. In about 10 years, she’s going to think that you’re an idiot no matter what you do.
Yessir I am proud of her. She loves it. Yes I know I’ll be a dumbass in the future. Lol

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't sell those Daisy's short.
I bought 2, when they first came out, $38 each. Put a Simmons .22 scope on one.
Taught my kids to use open sights or scope. Find ammo they liked and both were minute of squirrel noggin.
Bought a 3rd, at a gunshow, years later and 12 grandkids learned with them.
2 great-grands and 2 on the way, they will be learning on the same Daisy.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't sell those Daisy's short.
I bought 2, when they first came out, $38 each. Put a Simmons .22 scope on one.
Taught my kids to use open sights or scope. Find ammo they liked and both were minute of squirrel noggin.
Bought a 3rd, at a gunshow, years later and 12 grandkids learned with them.
2 great-grands and 2 on the way, they will be learning on the same Daisy.
It works and does the job. It taught her a few things. There’s pros and cons which are to be expected.

Latest posts

Top Bottom