8 Days of 1911's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once shot a Gov issue .45 and couldn't find anything I'd change about it. Hell, it was even stamped that it was Gov issue.

i carried a brand new, out of the brown wrapping paper, Remington 1911 for about 3 years on my right hip, one of those US marked holsters LOL, i have a couple more to post, the new USMC EGA pistol, a Springfield MilSpec, and a couple of the Wesson A2's

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Day 2

This one is another Colt, M45A1 EGA model. Later production with Ion Bond finish, VZ grips and new grip screws - the original grips are VZ but fugly. This is the civilian version of the USMC model. Very tight, smooth operation, well built to my eye and feel.

DSC_2261-X3.jpg

DSC_2262-X3.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If one could somehow put some type of rolling mercury switch in for a trigger, perhaps then you would find a pistol with a smoother trigger than the average 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackRiflesBoy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 100th Anniversary Colt 1911 that I bought to give to my son some day. He was born in 2011 and I just happened to be in the shop when they set out the only one they got in. It came in wax paper with the field serice manual etc just like the original would have. It's the only gun I own that is unfired. I also own a 1911 that was my dad's first gun. These are probably the most sentimental guns I own, and on top of that they'e both 1911s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom