80% lowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there any CNC mill owners/shops that allow completing an 80% on their mill
Renting the time out maybe?

Sorry the search didn't find anything but a YouTube video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
I doubt it, because as soon as the lower is fully machined it is a BATFE restricted part and any business that finishes them likely would need an 07 FFL to stay out of trouble with the Feds. I would suggest that if you have milling exoerience, to buy a mill and do it yourself as you won't need an 07 to do it for yourself.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know of any that offer this, but it wouldn't be illegal as long as the person that was making the firearm for themselves was also the person that ran the milling operations on said lower. The business is simply renting time on their machine.

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Calif they have mill parties where you take your lower in and the machine owner sets it up and the owner of the lower actually presses the button to begin the milling process and this was deemed legal.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I've got 2 billet lowers I'd like to mill out and would rather not do it on a drill press. I know OKC_Gunsmith was talking about the possibility of doing it at his shop, but haven't seen him around for a while.

Any updates on any local shops?

younggundavid - I'd love to hear what you have in mind!

Latest posts

Top Bottom