80% Polymer Lowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Botman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, no need to pay extra for less. Must be for unregistered or diy fun. If I were to go diy ar I wouldn't go with the polymer. Stay with 7075-t6 or similar.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My P-80 G19, just passed 4000 rnds without any hiccups outside of crappy steel cased plinker ammo. Its been proving it's place as my edc for almost 2 years.
I'm not real nice to my guns either. I inspect 'em regularly, and keep them lubed, but I clean rarely. Maybe every 500 rnds or so. I've open carried that whole time in nasty dusty atmospheres as a remodel Carpenter. Drywall dust galore. For the last month it's been in a busy woodwork shop. Most days I remember to squirt some air through it, but not always.

I built this no thrills pistol for $150 less than I would have paid for a new Glock from the factory. I paid $120 for a pair of tritium night-sights, and still saved money.

I have a Gucci G17 build as well. With a custom slide, and threaded barrel, I still spent roughly the same as a factory gun. Being used exclusively for IDPA, it has a lower round count, but even chugs through the crap Russian stuff.

A quality firearm is defined in my book by its performance and characteristics. Mine don't fail, and I HATED Glocks before this! I traded out a Walther as my edc, and a comp built custom pistol for, well....competition. No regrets. Where's the P-80 love?

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My P-80 G19, just passed 4000 rnds without any hiccups outside of crappy steel cased plinker ammo. Its been proving it's place as my edc for almost 2 years.
I'm not real nice to my guns either. I inspect 'em regularly, and keep them lubed, but I clean rarely. Maybe every 500 rnds or so. I've open carried that whole time in nasty dusty atmospheres as a remodel Carpenter. Drywall dust galore. For the last month it's been in a busy woodwork shop. Most days I remember to squirt some air through it, but not always.

I built this no thrills pistol for $150 less than I would have paid for a new Glock from the factory. I paid $120 for a pair of tritium night-sights, and still saved money.

I have a Gucci G17 build as well. With a custom slide, and threaded barrel, I still spent roughly the same as a factory gun. Being used exclusively for IDPA, it has a lower round count, but even chugs through the crap Russian stuff.

A quality firearm is defined in my book by its performance and characteristics. Mine don't fail, and I HATED Glocks before this! I traded out a Walther as my edc, and a comp built custom pistol for, well....competition. No regrets. Where's the P-80 love?
Forgot to add this aspect. I built my pistols at least 16 months before the recent law change in Washington state. Very soon, ALL 80% receivers in WA will be required to have a serial number engraved by an FFL, and registered by the state. F U WA.

Beware when you lose the freedoms you don't care about, because eventually you'll lose one that matters to YOU, and it will be too late.

Latest posts

Top Bottom