80%

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing an 80% Lower complete AR kit. Welcome pro & con feedback..
Why would you want to use an 80% lower? If you are just wanting to avoid the Fed from knowing you have an AR, buy a used lower. Other than that, the jig will cost you more than a new finished lower. If you just want to finish one just because you enjoy doing that sort of thing, go for it. I am making wine right now, because I enjoy learning how to do new things.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I considered it, but I'd be much more likely to do a Glock 80%. If you were gonna do 10 or more AR lowers then the jig is worth it, but to my understanding, you can never sell any 80% you modify

Sent via Tapatalk

iceman0227

Marksman
Reaction score
Why would you want to use an 80% lower? If you are just wanting to avoid the Fed from knowing you have an AR, buy a used lower. Other than that, the jig will cost you more than a new finished lower. If you just want to finish one just because you enjoy doing that sort of thing, go for it. I am making wine right now, because I enjoy learning how to do new things.
I thought the jigs were pricey too. I thought it would be a fun project. Thanks! Wine huh? sounds like fun...

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love completing 80% lowers! It's a lot of fun, and less hassle for me because every time I buy a new firearm, my background check will get a delay 100% of the time and will take me a week to get my gun. It's easier for me to just buy a bunch of 80%'s and mill one out when I feel like doing another AR build....like I'm doing tonight, for example.

This is just one of the many benefits to being divorced....I can't do this outside at 11:30pm cause it will wake my neighbors, so it's time to get aluminum shavings all over my living room hahaha

He's right though — unless you plan on doing several builds, the cost of the jig, router, and other materials can be pretty high. If you live in Tulsa, and want to complete an 80%, you are welcome to use my jig. Legally speaking, I'm pretty sure it's okay to do that. As long as I don't use my tools and do it for you, then it's probably fine for you to use it. I'm pretty certain that the law says you have to do the mill work on it yourself.

IMG_4479.JPG

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_4482.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom