80s car question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
back when the filling stations had an attendant that filled your tank and checked your oil tires etc. i had an attendant almost convinced that the Volkswagen beetle "only one in town" ran off of the air in the spare tire.
Reminds me of the two blondes that rented a VW Beetle each for a road trip together. After a few hours of driving, one of the Bugs died and wouldn't start. The other blonde said, "Don't worry about it, there's a spare engine in my trunk..."
:drunk2:
___

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the Fiero? A friend of mine liked those little mid-engined things, but I don't remember if it had a "front hood" that opened or not.
The Fiero had a small storage area at the very back part of the "trunk". In the forward part of that section was the engine. It was definitely accessible (if you had small hands). The front "hood" also opened. It had the radiator, storage for the spare tire, and a place to store the removable sun roof. I have owned 3 Fieros and would again if the right one came along. A friend riding with me in my first one commented, "Man! I never knew curbs were that tall!"

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never heard of this non working hood but while inside the college cafeteria we did laugh our asses off watching some Iranian students trying to open their hood. They pulled the hood release inside but didn't know about the safety catch under the hood. They had their tire tool out and a tree branch jumping on it bending the crap out of the hood. Keep in mind this was right after the Iran hostage affair started. Let's just say we didn't feel too charitable toward them. I did finally walk by and casually release the latch for them.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Olds Fiero

Highly marketed, huge failure.

In the article, pre-lease marketing hype, the "journalist" asked the GM exec, "based on production cost, what price point do you see this auto placed in the market?"

The GM exec answered, "Cost to produce has little bearing on list price. We price all vehicles on what we feel the market will pay."

Latest posts

Top Bottom