This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
anybody tell me how the trigger springs goes back in got the hammer spring but cant seem to find any info on the web
Didja see this?

A friend of mine disassembled his Springfield (Savage) Mod. 944 series A (break open breech loading single shot shotgun) for a thorough cleaning and couldn't get it back together.

For anyone else who comes across this I wanted to share a couple tips because I couldn't find much info online.

1. You are going to NEED slave pins to hold the hammer and trigger assembly together while it is installed in the receiver.

2. I used the solid end of 2 old drill bits(3/16 for the trigger, and 7/32 for the hammer). Shove them in, mark them, and cut them with a Dremel. Ended up being about 1/2 long. You might have to sand them down a bit I'd they are too snug.

3. The long legs of the trigger spring are installed towards the front. It can only really be installed this way and function properly.

4. Make sure the hammer and trigger assembly is functioning properly with the slaves pins holding it together before you put it back in the receiver.

4. Trigger guard was a little out of whack and needed some adjustment to line the hammer and trigger pin holes up with the receiver holes.

Once every thing is lined up, it's very straight forward.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didja see this?

A friend of mine disassembled his Springfield (Savage) Mod. 944 series A (break open breech loading single shot shotgun) for a thorough cleaning and couldn't get it back together.

For anyone else who comes across this I wanted to share a couple tips because I couldn't find much info online.

1. You are going to NEED slave pins to hold the hammer and trigger assembly together while it is installed in the receiver.

2. I used the solid end of 2 old drill bits(3/16 for the trigger, and 7/32 for the hammer). Shove them in, mark them, and cut them with a Dremel. Ended up being about 1/2 long. You might have to sand them down a bit I'd they are too snug.

3. The long legs of the trigger spring are installed towards the front. It can only really be installed this way and function properly.

4. Make sure the hammer and trigger assembly is functioning properly with the slaves pins holding it together before you put it back in the receiver.

4. Trigger guard was a little out of whack and needed some adjustment to line the hammer and trigger pin holes up with the receiver holes.

Once every thing is lined up, it's very straight forward.
Sounds about right

Latest posts

Top Bottom